• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just found this New Grass band, the Kitchen Dwellers.

digicidal

Major Contributor
I may be late to the party, but I just discovered Danzig. The second album (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8a8cutYP7fqn3AXNSEdbX4RxiEvYRv8U) is the only one I can sincerly call "blues metal" (unless you count Black Sabbath's first too).
Well better late than never as they say. Be sure to check out the earlier Mistifts and Samhain stuff as well. Horrible recordings - especially compared to the later Rick Rubin produced stuff... but still the energy is there. How the Gods Kill (3rd Danzig album) is pretty bluesy as well. It's what Elvis would sound like if he'd been born 35 years later.

Definitely different from a vocals perspective, but you might enjoy the Def American 'rebirth' of the early 80s band Trouble. Once Rubin got ahold of them the sound was very similar to the first 3 Danzig albums musically - note that I don't particularly consider that a good thing... but it definitely fits the doom metal sound of the late 80's through early 90's.

Last edited:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How about a bunch of high school kids from South Africa? (Thomas S. would never approve - its choral music! o_O)

Production values are very high - recorded in South Africa, mixed and mastered in Northern California. Someone spent a bunch of money to produce this video - but the result is spectacular!

digicidal

Major Contributor
How about a bunch of high school kids from South Africa? (Thomas S. would never approve - its choral music! o_O)
While we're on the "bunch of school kids" thing... this made me think of the O'Keefe Music Foundation Tool covers. Helps when you love the original, which I can't say is the case with Bohemian Rhapsody for me. Wonder what they're doing now that it's 4 years later...

Maybe I'm just being an "imbesool" LOL. Different students, different song/album... but same great original band.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

Tool

Na matter how many times here this get a goose bumps;)

Eirikur

Oceansize. This is the opening (instrumental) track their debut album Effloresce.
Very powerful bass line on this track, and an excellent album
Unfortunately they already split up in 2011... and "quality" of the YT audio has to be in quotes I'm afraid.

Get a hearing test

Never heard such clean tones. This can probably be used to test headphones cause the tones are simple.

Robin L

Master Contributor

Top Bottom