• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

AresHarvest

No drivers for Windows 10? Only thing I can find is the aforementioned driver for Win 7/8.1

Veri

Master Contributor
No drivers for Windows 10? Only thing I can find is the aforementioned driver for Win 7/8.1
The aforementioned driver should work fine with Windows, permanent. W10 included, although Windows 10 should support it driverless via UAC2 :) that's why they say W7/8.1 "need" the driver.

antdroid

Reviewer
Yea, Windows 10, as long as youre on a version newer than say... May of last year, you should have it built-in. The USB Audio 2 driver was actually developed by the same company that makes the XMOS driver.

WLVCA

Echoing Amir's experience I had an issue with the delivery of the Monoprice THX AAA dac and amp.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the device was scheduled for delivery next day from LA to Tucson - but it never made it to me. They claimed a delivery attempt at 6:00pm but they could not enter my gated neighborhood. There is a phone at the gate to call residents and they had my mobile number, too. No call was made to me. Let's see if they try again today.

UPS, FedEX, OnTrac, USPS and every other carrier use a delivery code to open the gate and enter the neighborhood.

The carrier is GLS and I am not familiar with them.

WLVCA

Monoprice failed to deliver the THX AAA again today. I don't live in the boonies but a suburb of Tucson so it's not like my house is hard to find.

Anyway, I plan to call them first thing in the morning and cancel the order. Their shipper is incompetent.

Last edited:

antdroid

Reviewer
FYI - Firmware v1.0.3 was released today on Monoprice's website. The installer is missing a dll though, so you'll have to get it yourself. I attached it here as well.

Update: Looks like they've updated the file now online.

Attachments

• blfwkdll.zip
    178.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
FYI - Firmware v1.0.3 was released today on Monoprice's website. The installer is missing a dll though, so you'll have to get it yourself. I attached it here as well.
Cool, any changelog?

yakman

Forum Donor
Thanks! It works

antdroid

Reviewer
Yea I saw the changelog they just emailed out:

Dear Monoprice Customer,

We are reaching out to inform you of a new firmware update that is available for your Monolith by Monoprice Desktop Headphone Amplifier and DAC with THX AAA Technology.

The update is to address a minor phasing issue with the RCA inputs on the back of the unit and is currently available for download on the Product Page (Firmware v1.03) along with the Firmware Update Guide.

If you require any assistance or have any questions please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

We thank you for being a valued Monoprice customer and hope you are enjoying your Monolith Amplifier!

Sincerely,
Monoprice Support

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm happy to report that firmware v1.0.3 fixed the RCA input out of phase issue!
Ah, so I was not imagining that in the original review! :) They really put out this product without proper testing/verification.

Veri

Master Contributor
Ah, so I was not imagining that in the original review! :) They really put out this product without proper testing/verification.
changelog should come with message `thanks for beta-testing @amirm` !

lol.

Son-of-Lux

They most certainly did, a shame too, though to be honest I'm happier to know that they're aware and willing to try and rectify than just release the product and leave it as it.

Top Bottom