• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

Ultratek

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I see people who seem to know what you're talking about, which is why I registered.
I have a couple of questions for you.
1. I have in mind a BRZHIFI dual core TPA3255 2.1 Sterre 300w+300w +600w Sub amplifier.
Specifications
Job type: D level
Bluetooth: APTX-HD QC3034 Bluetooth 5.0
(SBC/AAC/APTX/APTX-HD)
AMP chip: TPA3255
DAC chip: PCM5102A
Operational amplifier chip: 6 * NE5532
Quiescent current: 60mA
Working voltage: AC100-240V
Work efficiency: >90%
Output power:
Stereo: 600W @ 2, 300W @ 4, 150W @ 8
Subwoofer: 600W@2, 300W@4, 150W@8

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
Dynamic range: >100dB
Signal to Noise Ratio: >111dB
Size: 183x52x189MM.
Does anyone know anything about it or have they tested it?
you can see it here

Mosello

Kimbrough Xu

Amir has measured a new TPA3255 Amplifier which seems very good, and the price is extremely reasonable.

john61ct

I am looking for a finished MONO full range TPA3255 that takes DC input power to use with my own Mean Well adjustable PSUs.

Must be high accuracy SQ, and lots of SPL power into 2/4/8ohm ideally close to doubling RMS watts as resistance is halved.

Thanks in advance

charlielaub

I am looking for a finished MONO full range TPA3255 that takes DC input power to use with my own Mean Well adjustable PSUs.

Must be high accuracy SQ, and lots of SPL power into 2/4/8ohm ideally close to doubling RMS watts as resistance is halved.

Thanks in advance
I don't think you will find a finished amplifier that meets these requirements and has connections for an outboard PS.

If you want such an amplifier I suggest that you build the amp from a finished module, and there are two options (that I know of):
The mono amp modules double power into half the load as you mention.

The first company does limited runs and when each sells out, then he makes a new and different board. The second company just sold out of both the mono and stereo products but is producing more and these should be available in 2-3 weeks. Both are reputable small manufacturers.

In addition to the amp module, puchase a chassis and then install everything yourself. For example, I recently purchased a few different chassis here, and had them custom machine the rear panels to fit the connectors I plan to use. I also use Meanwell supplies and these will go inside the chassis:

Kimbrough Xu

Thanks in advance
Are you looking for this one?

Kw6

Brand new bone stock no break in the Fosi TB10D is excellent! Got it from Amazon!

Kw6

Hey guys! Does it matter if the TPA 3255 chip is powered by a SMPS or a Linear one? Is one better than the other?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey guys! Does it matter if the TPA 3255 chip is powered by a SMPS or a Linear one? Is one better than the other?
In this case the SMPS is the better choice. Any power supply noise is moved up into the hundreds of kilo cycles so you can't hear it and the SMPS is very efficient on electricity use and cool running. :D

Reactions: Kw6

Kw6

In this case the SMPS is the better choice. Any power supply noise is moved up into the hundreds of kilo cycles so you can't hear it and the SMPS is very efficient on electricity use and cool running. :D
Thank you Doodski!

Roland68

Major Contributor
Reactions: Kw6
Top Bottom