• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pyle PT8000CH 8-Channel Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 103 47.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 80 36.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
a lot of companies will say "$643" on their website but they expect a real world price of half that

$158 sounds like a warehouse clearance sale... they just dont want 23kg steel boxes clogging up storage real estate

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Koeitje

Major Contributor

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Don't see this model in that link? Also unfortunately UK is due to taxes no more a buying option for EU countries.
Ah ok.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
In real estate lingo. This would get the House has good bones badge. Great 8 channel amp for a starter Atmos setup. The Value attribute is pretty compelling.

Excellent review @amirm. The new “Power Cube” test is a fantastic addition to your Test Bench capabilities. Bonus points for that alone! :cool:

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In audiophile circles, the "Pyle" name is considered of appropriate -- as in "pile of ...". The is amp might have its application especially given the price. But the the high distortion means it has no place in a "high fidelity" system. This much distortion, given most of it is high-order harmonics, will mean an audible degradation of sound quality. (So say I; sound difference deniers can just back off.)

I rate this Pyle as 'Poor'.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
In audiophile circles, the "Pyle" name is considered of appropriate -- as in "pile of ...". The is amp might have its application especially given the price. But the the high distortion means it has no place in a "high fidelity" system. This much distortion, given most of it is high-order harmonics, will mean an audible degradation of sound quality. (So say I; sound difference deniers can just back off.)

I rate this Pyle as 'Poor'.

In some audiophile circles they would rate a 10w tube for 2000$ with the same sinad as great. No its not a high end. But it looks like a very nice priced working horse.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Really? From what I have seen, a high-distortion amp never stopped any audiophile. There are plenty of tube lovers out there for instance. And plenty of niche high-end equipment is sold with far less than stellar performance, and yet, people are lyrical about it.

At about $20/channel, this is pretty good value, regardless of the performance. Note that your average AVR will have an even lower cost per channel than this thing. Offset by the additional years of fine-tuning those AVR circuits, it's really amazing how little one needs to spend for a well-performing amp.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can imagine a few DIY guys to buy this amp and rip all out except the PS and put their own power amp modules inside. It's difficult to get all this separately for less money.

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can imagine a few DIY guys to buy this amp and rip all out except the PS and put their own power amp modules inside. It' difficult to get all this separately for less money.
You read my mind - had it been available where I live, that's what I would do.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I can imagine a few DIY guys to buy this amp and rip all out except the PS and put their own power amp modules inside. It' difficult to get all this separately for less money.
One of the amp gurus may even tweak the existing amps to tickle a bit more performance out of them. It could be a worthwhile experiment. On the other hand, probably one look at the insides will have the amp guru's gagging in contempt and disgust over the sheer incompetence of the design ;)

milosz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Significantly higher distortion than the Denon X3800 but power and noise wise it's more or less the same.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't rationalize the price they have and what Amazon is showing:
View attachment 275111

And as I mentioned, OP found it on sale for $158.

Will wait for the teardown but hard to find decent case and power supply for $257!

peniku8

Forum Donor
Great value for the money, but I'd be too embarrassed to use an amp anywhere that says "8000 Watts" on the unit while only having 800.
It's like driving a Ferrari that only has 50HP.

notsodeadlizard

Manufacturer's price is $643.99

It's still low for a really good stereo amp, especially for 2x1000W (no one knows why such crazy power is needed).
But this nonsense really has quite tolerable parameters.
This is a strange device, it is very difficult to imagine who needs it and why, perhaps that is why it is being sold at a bargain price.

Top Bottom