• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Waldrep "Who Can You Trust?"

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So where are these AQ difference files and how did they manipulate them? Or do they show differences at mhz?
I downloaded it and we had a long discussion thread on it. I verified what Mark had said was true (i.e. they EQ the files for each "HDMI cable" capture).

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
I have never been on WBF, but it seems like a miserable dictatorship.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I downloaded it and we had a long discussion thread on it. I verified what Mark had said was true (i.e. they EQ the files for each "HDMI cable" capture).
Maybe I read this wrong. Reading the following in a recent letter from Bill Lowe to Mark:
I did find it interesting that Bill told me, “AudioQuest has started posting digital difference files of some of the audible differences that are questioned in our community.” I haven’t looked for this information on the AQ community site but see it as a step towards validation of claims made by cable companies and others. It it impossible to imagine how a digital cable will do the appropriate DSP to “enhance” fidelity instead of producing a digital dropout but oh well.

I took this to mean AQ is now posting difference files for people to hear differences. Not that this referred to the HDMI cables from the old previous discussion about AQ demos.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I took this to mean AQ is now posting difference files for people to hear differences. Not that this referred to the HDMI cables from the old previous discussion about AQ demos.
Yep, I did too. I understood there were some new files posted recently on his "daily" blog?

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Overspecification isn't Good Engineering
Precisely Serge, it is the epitome of bad engineering IME.
The clever engineer is the one who writes a specification without redundancy so the product is the simplest, hence easiest to make and repair, but most reliable anyway, solution to the requirement.

Top Bottom