• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Tassin

Min barely gets hand-warm. But that shouldn't be a surprise with highly sensitive speakers (94-97 dB). Volume at -10 produces 100 dB in my very large room.

DeepPurple

Hi everybody,

I have recently bought a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 and I am very happy with the sound quality. A second life for my pair of Quad ESL-63. Unfortunately, the Android remote app is losing the connection with the Lyngdorf amplifier too frequently. And the only way to get the remote app connected again is to stop and restart the wifi connection by putting the smartphone in airplane mode. I encounter the same issue, even worse, between the Tidal app and the Lyngdorf amplifier. There, the only way to get the Tidal app synchronized again with the Lyngdorf is to stop and restart the app.

Do you know the cause for this irritating behaviour and how to fix it ?

Greetings,

Philippe

Biaso

I had the same problem,with both Android and iOS apps.
I contacted the manufacturer directly.
They advised me to use a dedicated 5ghz wifi network, dynamic and not static IP.
Anyway I fixed it permanently using the ethernet cable.
I hope it can help you.

DeepPurple

Thank you for your fast answer. A dedicated WiFi seems complicated. I will try the cabled ethernet solution, using an external WiFi to ethernet antenna, as I don't have cabled ethernet in this part of the house.

sky-watsher

Hi everybody,

I have recently bought a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 and I am very happy with the sound quality. A second life for my pair of Quad ESL-63. Unfortunately, the Android remote app is losing the connection with the Lyngdorf amplifier too frequently. And the only way to get the remote app connected again is to stop and restart the wifi connection by putting the smartphone in airplane mode. I encounter the same issue, even worse, between the Tidal app and the Lyngdorf amplifier. There, the only way to get the Tidal app synchronized again with the Lyngdorf is to stop and restart the app.

Do you know the cause for this irritating behaviour and how to fix it ?

Greetings,

Philippe
Maybe try with another smartphone first to eliminate that iussue is with your device, if it persists, then maybe the Wifi signal is the issue

Biaso

Thank you for your fast answer. A dedicated WiFi seems complicated. I will try the cabled ethernet solution, using an external WiFi to ethernet antenna, as I don't have cabled ethernet in this part of the house.
Understand, I passed a long flying cable in the middle of the living room from desperation

Tassin

I had the same problem,with both Android and iOS apps.
I contacted the manufacturer directly.
They advised me to use a dedicated 5ghz wifi network, dynamic and not static IP.
Anyway I fixed it permanently using the ethernet cable.
I hope it can help you.
I would recommend a static IP address. Just make sure another device cannot obtain the same IP address to avoid a conflict. I've been using it this way for two years now, without any problems.

DeepPurple

Thank you all for your advices. What I have done is to connect the Lyngdorf to the network via a wireless nano router (TP-Link WR802N), so that the network is now Wifi - Nano router - Ethernet cable - TDAI-1120. Meaning that I don't use the Lyngdorf's internal wifi anymore.

Up to now, it seems to work far better, not a single desynchronisation for the last two hours. Very strange that adding a 20 euros device to replace Lyngdorf's internal wifi can improve the network stability drastically.

Philippe

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank you all for your advices. What I have done is to connect the Lyngdorf to the network via a wireless nano router (TP-Link WR802N), so that the network is now Wifi - Nano router - Ethernet cable - TDAI-1120. Meaning that I don't use the Lyngdorf's internal wifi anymore.

Up to now, it seems to work far better, not a single desynchronisation for the last two hours. Very strange that adding a 20 euros device to replace Lyngdorf's internal wifi can improve the network stability drastically.

Philippe
It's entirely possible that you simply get better reception because of where you put the nano router, which is small and you can move around (I guess you cannot move the amplifier too much). If your signal is weak, that could be the difference. Most audio devices have external antennas that you can change orientation, unfortunately not the 1120.

I personally avoid WiFi whenever I can, I use my audio gear with wired Ethernet and never had any issues.

DeepPurple

I placed the nano router in the same cabinet as the amplifier. I suspect more that the Lyngdorf does not like a mix of 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi... And that the nano router has less problems with this mix.

Now, let's see if it is still as stable next week. I come back with news on next weekend.

Philippe

DeepPurple

Some feedback, as promised. The addition of an external wifi to Ethernet device as indeed solved the issue. Co-working Tidal + Lyngdorf is now nearly perfect. Only remaining issue is that the Tidal signal seems to be lost from time to time (twice a day). I will try to move the TP-Link device to a place where wifi signal is stronger, outside the cabinet.

About Tidal app, the only remaining issue is that the app does not remember the last output device. It always switches back to local smarphone output, so that I have each time to choose the Tidal Connect once again.

But it works and the sound is fantastic, so I am happy.

Jaec4345

Hi everyone, I have had my tdai-1120 for 5 months now and I have had persistent issues with spotify connect pausing briefly (~4 seconds) before continuing on its own at the end of every song in a playlist or autoplay list. Essentially the song will stop for a moment about 15 seconds before the end of the song and then resume to the finish before beginning the next song. This happened on two separate tdai1120 devices in my home, both on wired ethernet so I reckon it may be an issue external to the device. Lyngdorf provided some potential fixes but the problem exists when using different spotify accounts or apps on various ios/android devices. The only temporary fix seems to be logging out of all spotify devices and unplugging or factory resetting the tdai for a spell. The problem returns anytime I switch to a new playlist though. Any help would be very much appreciated. I've gotten to a point where I may have to find a different system as it had been frustrating to have my listening interrupted every 3 minutes or so.

DeepPurple

You could subscribe to Tidal, free for first month, and see if the problem occurs too.

NB: I use Tidal and have a similar issue, but not as bad. About twice a day, the current song stops for a moment and then starts again from beginning of the song. I suspect a flow issue on the (wifi) network.

Jaec4345

You could subscribe to Tidal, free for first month, and see if the problem occurs too.

NB: I use Tidal and have a similar issue, but not as bad. About twice a day, the current song stops for a moment and then starts again from beginning of the song. I suspect a flow issue on the (wifi) network.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was hoping to stay with Spotify due to its playlist features and international music selection but maybe it is time I give tidal a try as i heard quality may be better. Time to redearch other streaming services like deezer or qobuz via roon too i suppose.

DeepPurple

I used Qobuz (without Roon) on my previous Sonos amplifier. They have a good catalog and provide interesting musical tips, especially for French speaking people. Unfortunately, they rely on Google Chromecast to integrate with the Lyngdorf amplifier, for a less good user experience (you have to explicitly "cast" the music from the smartphone). For me, the "Tidal Connect" input on the TDAI-1120 makes the difference.

heyhsia

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and joined due to this excellent Lyngdorf 1120 thread. I've had my TDAI-1120 for a month now and am learning how to use the unit.

Does anyone know if there's a way to limit the input indicators so that we don't have to scroll through a dozen choices when all we need is 3 inputs?

heyhsia

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and joined due to this excellent Lyngdorf 1120 thread. I've had my TDAI-1120 for a month now and am learning how to use the unit.

Does anyone know if there's a way to limit the input indicators so that we don't have to scroll through a dozen choices when all we need is 3 inputs?
Pls disregard; I figured out that disabling the input through the web setup does the trick. Impressed by the features of this unit.

MarkS

Major Contributor
Welcome to the 1120 owners' group!

Best audio purchase ever for me.

Top Bottom