• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker cable indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Nascimento

Nascimento

I don't know how difficult it is for you to understand, today I use cables with 2.5mts, I'm asking for directions to buy cables with 16mts in length, and the only thing they posted was that I shouldn't do this or that, indication which is good, none, you guys are a joke!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know how difficult it is for you to understand, today I use cables with 2.5mts, I'm asking for directions to buy cables with 16mts in length, and the only thing they posted was that I shouldn't do this or that, indication which is good, none, you guys are a joke!
Yes; we are a joke. You must look elsewhere for such complicated technical information. We are simple scientists and engineers here.

OP
Nascimento

Nascimento

Technicians and engineers who can't indicate a cable? LOL

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Nascimento

Nascimento

Boys, go back to your Indian hut and let those who want to collaborate post freely!
From now on, I will only respond to serious people!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For a while there, I thought we were being trolled :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Boys, go back to your Indian hut and let those who want to collaborate post freely!
Yes, good plan.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The funniest thing of all was that I didn't ask for an opinion, and they are sprouting in droves! I asked for an indication, if you don't have anything to indicate, leave your opinion for those who ask!
What’s the difference between an opinion and an indication? If I tell you to buy cable XYZ, isn’t that an opinion?

In general the opinion here is to not have people spend unnecessary amounts of money on nonsense things.

If you think that is immoral, I really can’t help you…

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here's a joke...
Knock knock...
Who's there?...
Unserious people...
Unserious People Who?...
Unserious people that are trying really hard not to openly insult your intransigence and inability to recognize expertise when you hear it.
My hut and mutt await.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What's next? People coming here for voodoo fetish recommendations?

D

Deleted member 21219

The funniest thing of all was that I didn't ask for an opinion, and they are sprouting in droves! I asked for an indication, if you don't have anything to indicate, leave your opinion for those who ask!

If you post here, you'll get opinions. If you don't want opinions, don't post here. We don't enable bad habits. We empower people to free themselves of bad habits.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

You've had one or more suggestions for copper cable. You are unlikely to get one for silver cable, since everyone here knows that the material difference between copper and silver makes no audible difference, and therefore it makes no sense to spend stupid money on silver cables.

No one here will give you a suggestion for something that is a waste of money.

egellings

Major Contributor
I think the fundamental misunderstanding is that if you take the collective writings on this topic, both in the audiophile press and elsewhere, you will come away with the understanding that there is something special about audio cables that will make one sound better than a simpler lower cost alternative.

Furthermore, and this is being demonstrated somewhere everyday, if you swap out cable X for cable Y you will "hear" a difference.

That said, for the most part when these same cables are compared in double blind tests, where there is no visual or other bias, the perceived difference between the two cables vanishes.

Most of us on this forum and countless industry professionals have come to the conclusion that as long as you follow the basic rules of physics and Ohm's Law, any quality wire will sound as good as any other.
Your belief that a cable sounds different from another one is what's causing the perceived difference in S.Q. not the cables themselves if both are reasonably competent, meaning having adequate current carrying ability and reasonably low parasitics. Parasitics would be enough unwanted inductance, capacitance & resistance to affect operation of the equipment used with the cable.

sam_adams

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's next? People coming here for voodoo fetish recommendations?

frozen-fetish.gif

egellings

Major Contributor
Of course, if you enjoy fooling yourself that a particular loom (all the cables & cords in your system) sounds best, then enjoy, I guess.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course, if you enjoy fooling yourself that a particular loom (all the cables & cords in your system) sounds best, then enjoy, I guess.
Something tells me the OP is not entirely serious with us.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Something tells me the OP is not entirely serious with us.
Or the OP is a annoying person that does not respect people in general never mind those the OP wants assistance from. :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Or the OP is a annoying person that does not respect people in general never mind those the OP wants assistance from. :D
Perhaps. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when possible. But your explanation works, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom