• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I have a couple of streamers and no matter what I do I can’t get either one to play any higher resolution than 48k . I am using a brand new Wiim mini and I have just loaded the app and I am using Qobuz ( new version of the app) I have it set at 24/192 in wifi streaming mode. I tried to use the settings for the wiim to set up for 24/192 or 96 but it was not playing. I have a smsl do 100 dac ( new) but it still doesn’t work. Please help!

I have a couple of streamers and no matter what I do I can’t get either one to play any higher resolution than 48k . I am using a brand new Wiim mini and I have just loaded the app and I am using Qobuz ( new version of the app) I have it set at 24/192 in wifi streaming mode. I tried to use the settings for the wiim to set up for 24/192 or 96 but it was not playing. I have a smsl do 100 dac ( new) but it still doesn’t work. Please help!
I have finally got the wiim unt to work 24/192. It was not plugged in very well. The optical cable was plugged in but it was not connected properly.

morillon

Major Contributor
arrival in the deezer android app beta of a "deezer connect"...first steps...

currently not working at all...
idle without seeing either the chromecast (but the normal low quality "cast" function still works), or the wiim...
find nothing..

but hey the will seems there...
wait and see

(I imagine that these are the developments expected by wiim)

Last edited:

MSL

I don't understand the hype ... I use AirPlay 2 and nothing else. I have a rabperry pi with shairport sync and USB output. I also have trigger-out from my pi which turns my amp on/off. And then I have a fantastic volume control and I have DSP. If I want to leave Apple and switch to Spotify or Tidal, the path to get there is quite short...

Is the enthusiasm so great because it is a plug & play?

I don't understand the hype ... I use AirPlay 2 and nothing else. I have a rabperry pi with shairport sync and USB output. I also have trigger-out from my pi which turns my amp on/off. And then I have a fantastic volume control and I have DSP. If I want to leave Apple and switch to Spotify or Tidal, the path to get there is quite short...

What are you doing to implement the DSP?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

Can you do Amazon Music on a pi? Alexa voice control, losslessly? Google voice control? Can the pi act as a Chromecast renderer? Does it have a case with AV buttons, and a remote control without a huge hassle? Does it have coaxial and optical outputs without adding additional hardware which requires configuration? Can you even purchase a pi in the foreseeable future, with all the functionality of the WiiMs for $80-150?

This thread is about the WiiM, not Raspberries

morillon

Major Contributor
Can you do Amazon Music on a pi? Alexa voice control, losslessly? Google voice control? Can the pi act as a Chromecast renderer? Does it have a case with AV buttons, and a remote control without a huge hassle? Does it have coaxial and optical outputs without adding additional hardware which requires configuration? Can you even purchase a pi in the foreseeable future, with all the functionality of the WiiMs for $80-150?

This thread is about the WiiM, not Raspberries
you mix it a little from the pro to the mini
;-)

Imsjry

Well Airplay is limited to 16/44.1 playback for starters. If you have a streaming service that can do 24/192, you would understand the hype.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

Is the software for the WiiM Mini and the WiiM Pro different? Based on the reviews of the Pro is that the DAC is the same, so for me a topping E30 plus the WiiM mini will be fine?

Merifon

It actually doesn’t even do that, it samples everything to 48khz.
No, actually Airplay2 runs at 44.1 and seems to downsample anything higher.
Eventually, I didn't find confirmation that is lossless (ALAC) or not (AAC).

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_095433.jpg
    IMG_20221127_095433.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

wacomme

I have finally got the wiim unt to work 24/192. It was not plugged in very well. The optical cable was plugged in but it was not connected properly.
I have the same problem. I have my toslink cable connected ok, but maybe it’s the Wiim cable itself. I’m going to buy a Monoprice toslink cable from Amazon to see if I can get beyond 24/48 with my Wiim Mini. I’m using Tidal top tier (unnecessary and I need to downgrade since I don’t have mqa).

Top Bottom