• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

DeepSpace57

Ok, WIIM finally responded about DEEZER

We'd like to give you a bit background on our support of Deezer and current status. We (at LinkPlay) supported Deezer in our streaming platform starting from year 2017 and there're many existing users who are using this service daily. IMO, it's not appropriate to disable it suddenly in our product and platform considering the existing user base.
The current issue started from early this year and affected a small percentage of our Deezer's user. We have worked with our API provider trying to fix this issue with the new API. We have finished the integration however our partner needs do more traffic tests on their API. Thus, we missed our original delivery schedule. We'll do our best to deliver it earlier.
At WiiM, we valued our user experience as our highest priority in our every day work and felt the same pain with our affected users. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We also valued the transparency most and we'll definitely keep you posted when there's new update. Thank you!

Deezer connect is now on. I believe the easiest way to use Deezer for Wiim mini users would be Deezer connect.

Open Deezer app
Connect it to Wiim mini
Enjoy lossless audio.

This would also allow the users to enjoy a smooth operation and original app.

I am so curious about when Wiim will provide it.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I offered several months ago when it was announced, and given I’ve submitted more than my fair share of tickets (including a rather detailed one that elicited the response that I was ‘pretty’ - I think they meant ‘great’ and that the true meaning was lost in translation - or I hope it was :oops: ), they offered me a unit to test. I’ve known about it for a few months and kept it quiet, but given someone else has broken the silence and I got a confirmation email today that it would be express shipped to me next Monday, I thought I could finally mention it.

Looking forward to see how it handles Amazon Music HD and multiroom as I have been experiencing some dropouts on the Mini that they’re attributing to lack of memory.
Now I can understand some things a bit better. Almost joking.

Jpdelaney.tml

Quick comparison: Sonos Connect, KEiiD, Wiim Mini, all tests done at 16/44.1kHz, optical out.

pi@pitestrig:~/fft $ python3 thdcalculator.py in/sonos_connect.wav 1000 1 5
filename = in/sonos_connect.wav
freq = 1000, t1 = 1, t2 = 5
frame rate = 44100, channel = 2
shape = (2, 253952), dim = 253952, sample_rate = 44100 channels = 2
track length = 5.76 seconds
low_freq = 10.0, max_freq = 1000.0
channel 1: thd = 0.00007 %
channel 2: thd = 0.00007 %

pi@pitestrig:~/fft $ python3 thdcalculator.py in/KEiiD.wav 1000 1 5
filename = in/KEiiD.wav
shape = (2, 241664), dim = 241664, sample_rate = 44100 channels = 2
track length = 5.48 seconds
channel 1: thd = 0.00092 %
channel 2: thd = 0.00092 %

pi@pitestrig:~/fft $ python3 thdcalculator.py in/wiim_no_eq.wav 1000 1 5
filename = in/wiim_no_eq.wav
shape = (2, 245760), dim = 245760, sample_rate = 44100 channels = 2
track length = 5.57 seconds
channel
I offered several months ago when it was announced, and given I’ve submitted more than my fair share of tickets (including a rather detailed one that elicited the response that I was ‘pretty’ - I think they meant ‘great’ and that the true meaning was lost in translation - or I hope it was :oops: ), they offered me a unit to test. I’ve known about it for a few months and kept it quiet, but given someone else has broken the silence and I got a confirmation email today that it would be express shipped to me next Monday, I thought I could finally mention it.

Looking forward to see how it handles Amazon Music HD and multiroom as I have been experiencing some dropouts on the Mini that they’re attributing to lack of memory.
Me too:(

Jpdelaney.tml

Thought it was my wi-fi. Maxed out …should I reduce sampling freq? Seeing as I won’t hear any difference??? Say 96k

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Just a personal experience. When I bought my WiiM I had no issues with 192 kHz. After I've replaced ADI-2 with miniDSP Flex I've switched to 96 kHz as it's the internal Flex sample rate. Recently I've decided to return to 192 because of my measurements comparison to Bluesound Node. And I've realized that I can no longer get stable 192 kHz from Mini, getting plenty of transfer errors. 192 kHz can be tricky with Mini or just my unit toslink socket is dying.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Do you return it back after the test?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I have no idea whether you were trying to be funny or having a go at me, but if you won’t elucidate…
Since you're still curious about the details, I can imagine that the promise of getting something sooner than it's normally possible could influence someone's approach to a product or company, for example downplaying obvious issues of sound quality.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Since you're still curious about the details, I can imagine that the promise of getting something sooner than it's normally possible could influence someone's approach to a product or company, for example downplaying obvious issues of sound quality.
I’m not that shallow or näive, thanks, but next time have the courage to be clearer when you’re insulting someone...

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I’m not that shallow or näive, thanks, but next time have the courage to be clearer when you’re insulting someone...
No idea why you think I'm insulting someone and what's up with this possible "lack of courage" as I've stated myself clear enough imo. Anyway it's clearly off topic so enough of that.

morillon

Major Contributor
the balance for use in analog output would be welcome on the mini (and probably for the pro ..)
on the occasion of measurements for the history of drc.. I was able to note a rather significant gap between the voices.. (more than on my old chromecast)
I suspect a dispersion between the "mini" , modest product...
case by case probably, to be checked .
the balance function coupled with the mono function announced allows you to adjust it easily "by ear" for who uses this output
;-)

Last edited:

DeepSpace57

Is anyone here who replace the provided Toslink cable? any feedback/experience to share after replacement?

Top Bottom