• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Worst acting in Mr. Jackson's career and I can only think it was George Lucas' fault. All the acting was horribly wooden like a bad caricature.
I think all he needed was a royale with cheese and everything would have panned out better... ;)

SyPMMhu.gif

JSmith

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bwahahaha... :cool:

JSmith
Very funny. I guess great minds......well, maybe just some minds think alike.

Especially liked the actors/actresses in the 2nd one. Amanda Plummer and then Christopher Walken as Yoda. Great casting.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
You simply can’t expect Disney to produce quality the likes of Star Wars IV-VI or Lord of the Rings. It is just not in their DNA. The Disney decision makers extinguishes every innovative idea and creative talent. But George ruined the franchise all on his own. IV was great, but I-III were goddamn awful. George Lucas was inspired to develop Jar Jar based on the Disney character Goofy…

I've suggested everything with Liam Neeson as a collective worst, but I almost feel that way about ... what's his name again? Harrison Ford. I haven't managed to stay awake right through any of the original Star Wars trilogy. My god that cockpit scene with Chewbacca, it just wouldn't end. By comparison, Phantom Menace was a masterpiece, wooden acting and all. Ford has many redeeming qualities of course—and Blade Runner—so Liam is out in front. But since anyone who can piss off—and be banned by—a US gun maker gets a free pass, I'm still searching for a genuine worst.

Last edited:

Yameyo

I vote for a rare treat I only just discovered called 'The Devil's Men'. Stars Donald Pleasance and Peter Cushing. Has to be seen to be believed. Would make a great Beastie Boys video if someone could edit it down to four minutes or so and get the timings right.

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It’s a paradox.

Because if you did achieve consensus on which actually was the worst, It would become attractive for just (even if only) that reason…and therefore not the worst.

But I will still nominate “Return of the Living Dead” because it deserves paradoxical mention.

Andysu

Major Contributor
plup bunnies fiction

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I watched Top Gun: Mavericks.

My baby sister loved the fighter jet antics. I give it one star. I'd rather watch LoTR trilogy (hours and hours of sheer plodding tedium) than do that again.

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Has anyone mentioned NOPE ??? I give it a zero out of ten !!

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Has anyone mentioned NOPE ??? I give it a zero out of ten !!

Haven't seen it yet. I did watch Them and Us (also by Jordon Peele) and didn't appreciate either as much as critics/general audience appeared to. Not sure what didn't do it for me, might try again and see if I can work it out. Maybe it resonates for US-ians more than for Australians?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Haven't seen it yet. I did watch Them and Us (also by Jordon Peele) and didn't appreciate either as much as critics/general audience appeared to. Not sure what didn't do it for me, I may try again and see if I can work it out. Maybe it resonates for US-ians more than for Australians?
NOPE it doesn't resonate with US-ians either in my opinion.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Most films funded by the British Film Institute, they are so badly made and boring. The last one I saw (not all through) was set in two time zones. A group as teenagers and then as adults, they kept swapping backwards and forwards. Nothing wrong with that apart from most of the actors as adults looked nothing like them as teenagers.

Peterinvan

Avatar 2. Because it starts out with beautiful scenery, and ends up being another Marvel Comics devotion to gun culture and big explosions.

Glad I brought my Etymotic earplugs.

Top Bottom