• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your AVR power draw at idle?

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am curious to know what other people's AVRs draw at idle. I have a Pioneer SC-LX86 which draws around 80W at idle...

If you have a power meter, why not post yours here for comparison?

Thanks!

Trell

Major Contributor
By idle you don’t mean standby, but have connected TV on and not playing sound?

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Yes. I am interested in the power draw when switched on but with no input/nothing playing... Though why not standby too?...
My Pioneer uses 0.5W on standby, ~80W at idle/nothing playing. Cheers.

Trell

Major Contributor
I’ll see if I can find my old power meter whatever it’s hiding.

As I recall my 2015 model Denon AVR-X4200W uses around 30-40 Watts when idling in ECO mode. Have to verify that again, though.

Last edited:
OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Thanks. Interesting. Opted for my Pioneer as it is class D. I've always been a bit concerned about AVRs with lots of class AB amplification crammed into a relatively small space. Anyway, was kinda surprised to see that the Pioneer draws almost 80W when switched on. Not overly concerned but have just been curious to know how much power my various bits of hardware uses...

Last edited:
Top Bottom