• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
l'application semble bien plus véloce..

mais passe en mode 128k , deloggee du compte "hifi", au bout de quelques chansons etc dans les modes genre playlist...
pire, peux ce mettre en mode essais au bout de quelques chansons etc , extraits de 30s mp3 sautant de plage en plage meme sur un simple album....
avec la version d avant, c'était un peu "moin pire"..
mais c est les même problèmes rencontrés depuis des mois...

le prochain firmware sera attendu avec impatience
moi je laisse tomber les "tickets"...
retour dans son tirroir...
faut juste prévenir les copains que deezer n a jamais été fonctionnel depuis son arrivée sur le marché..

:oops:
ps
sans rapport avec la distorsion et
le pauvre deezer....
plus anecdotique,
le " recently played" qui ne peut être vidé et qui concerne tout le monde...
ça gêne personne?

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
No, the ever increasing recently played list doesn’t bother me. You could always try deleting the app and re installing it to see if that clears it, or factory reset the WiiM - I’d guess one of those might help.

Also, re Deezer, I expect we’ll need a companion firmware update

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
réinstaller a bien sur tout vidé..mais oblige a refaire certains réglages...pas cool.

ne vous méprenez pas, moi me concerne peu ne pouvant utiliser deezer... question pour le collectif..
je me demandais juste si n'alourdissait pas inutilement, au fur et à mesure, l'application, ne sachant pas ce qui est stocké et voyant l application grossir
( d ailleur la réinstallation de wiim home a considérablement reduit le poid de l application (?) )

Last edited:

keiron99

Having read there was a new release of the App (Android), I updated it this morning. Now, my phone cannot connect to the WiiM. It finds the device, but cannot connect to it. Anyone else got this problem?

Brantome

Major Contributor
Having read there was a new release of the App (Android), I updated it this morning. Now, my phone cannot connect to the WiiM. It finds the device, but cannot connect to it. Anyone else got this problem?
Mine is fine. Have you tried power cycling the WiiM?

Graham849

Forum Donor
I typically output SPDIF to my topping dx3 pro+, but just for giggles I decided to plug my headphone into the aux output. And honestly it sounds really good!
Indeed, I have tried with both hifiman400Se and Sony mdr7506, good sound. A clever little puck!

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am listening now to Here It Is: A Tribute to Leonard Cohen album (24/96) on Qobuz streamed via BubbleUPnP to GMediarender on RPi4 and routed via USB to my DAC vs same track via WiiM Mini to optical TOSLINK on the same DAC and be damned if I can here a slightest difference if at all.

Fantastic album, by the way.
Why'would you expect to hear a difference?

Witterings

I'll try it after work but just in case anyone else has and knows the answer, if you're using Amazon mutiroom for 2 devices, does it work if you leave one of the devices on HD and switch HD on the 2nd device off or does it have to be off on both?

Brantome

Major Contributor
I'll try it after work but just in case anyone else has and knows the answer, if you're using Amazon mutiroom for 2 devices, does it work if you leave one of the devices on HD and switch HD on the 2nd device off or does it have to be off on both?
Both I’d say

DeepSpace57

New iOS app. Says it supports the new Deezer API. Hope that makes someone happy.
Got the following response from Wiim:

We will release Deezer in this week. Now we are waiting for the Deezer Approval, after we get it we will release the new Deezer ASAP.

morillon

Major Contributor
Got the following response from Wiim:

We will release Deezer in this week. Now we are waiting for the Deezer Approval, after we get it we will release the new Deezer ASAP.
this is the standard email sent since 11/10

with the new wiim home from last hours:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028-160651_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20221028-160651_Google Play Store.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 73

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Nice to know that you would be happy about an advertised feature that is important to you and not working for months. :facepalm:
If something isn't working, open a ticket with Deezer. Constantly whining in this thread doesn't help anyone, and gets to be annoying to the rest of us.

morillon

Major Contributor
and the unrestrained dithyrambs forgetting to specify the known cases where the little mini is still not functional ..?
deezer mqa....
to warn my ""friends"""..?
just warning with honesty does not take anything away from the efforts-results obtained by the support of wiim for amazon etc
;-)

Last edited:

Bamyasi

Why'would you expect to hear a difference?
A few people on this thread claimed they have measured pretty bad distortion levels (clipping?) for the WiiM Mini TOSLINK output. Digital clipping is fairly easy to hear unlike typical harmonic distortion, so one would expect to be able to notice at least some differences in SQ.

Top Bottom