• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Prayers for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hurricane Ian is closing in on Florida and is expected to cause massive flooding and wind damage. My prayers go out to all those in the affected areas, first responders and government officials responsible for protecting lives and property. This is the worst storm to hit the Tampa area in 100 years.

Soundstage

The official forecast keeps changing, now we are looking at a landfall slightly south of Tampa.
What would be the worst scenario for Florida in terms of footprint of this hurricane? Storm Surge is a big concern to me and I am also worried of the flood impact.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the worst storm to hit the Tampa area in 100 years.
WowazaH! I've only seen video and pics of those hurricanes and they look very violent. I did experience a hurricane spin off storm in Newfoundland that went on for 2 weeks... It was like a constant 60mph-70mph wind for 2 weeks steady. Other than being on a mountaintop in a severe white out with winds that made it difficult to ski downhill that's about the extent of my storm experience. Hoping for the best for Florida with this Ian menace.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow! That's one extra large storm.
2900.jpeg

blog-hurricane-ian-storm-surge-afternoon-09-abc-llr-220926_1664222049316_hpEmbed_20x11_992.jpg

100939_peak_surge.png

220927-hurricane-ian-mb-1335-896419.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't pray either but I do hold caring thoughts.
I am finding that as I age I have more empathy and concern for my fellow man. I even shed a tear for some when they succeed, fail or have extreme stuff like a hurricane. It's about how it affects their life, the repercussions, and future that whatever the stuff brings that makes it emotional for me.

Midnight Audiophile

I am finding that as I age I have more empathy and concern for my fellow man. I even shed a tear for some when they succeed, fail or have extreme stuff like a hurricane. It's about how it affects their life, the repercussions, and future that whatever the stuff brings that makes it emotional for me.
Agreed, I consider myself a Humanist.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
We lived in Florida for many years. Got lucky that the one that was coming straight at us, changed directions at last minute and spared us. Our dear moderator Adam is in the storm's current path. Let's wish him and all the other residents safety and resilience during this time of danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom