• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

RHO

Major Contributor
If it's similar to the silicone used on other tips like the FiiO I have, that's not it. I get subwoofer bass from those.
I don't know the silicone on the FiiO tips, but on these spinfits it's quite thin.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Yes, glued in. These types of grilles usually have a very tiny adhesive ring on the underside but it relies on perfect fitting, something clearly not easy to get right in the assembly let alone doing it yourself at home. If you measure the diameter of the grilles you can find cheap spares on aliexpress. You probably will be needing them.
Actually, a pair of spares is included, but no idea how to remove the mounted ones, when it would be necessary.
On the other hand, as long as they stay clean, they should last "indefinitely".

Kervel

Forum Donor
Just ordered the device. Let's see what Amir and the Harman curve is all about!
It arrived today. Sounds really awesome, and I have not yet heard this good bass in headphones. I'd say it gets 95% of the sound of my main system (Genelec 8350 + 2 subs integrated with MSO). But this is just 50 bucks, so yeah.

Thanks a ton Amir!

fastfreddy666

Hey, I've got a question. Why the target curves for these and the Fiio FD5 are different?

View attachment 230873View attachment 230874

The Curves They Are A-Changin' (sorry, Bob Dylan song popped into my head)

harmanc.png

2019v2

harman 2019_cr.png

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Harman IEM Targets Comparison.png

I'm 53. Not really relevant for me. by the time we hit middle-age (45-65) we can expect to hear up to around 14 khz.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Last edited:

BostonJack

Editor
My pair just arrived yesterday, and Yikes!, they are good. Like really good. As in, my experiment with in-ear phones is complete.
Nice to have good sound quality from laptop on the go without toting a lot of gear/cables around.

Amazingly good. Just for the record, my benchmark is Drop HD6XX without eq and these phones blow them away.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazingly good. Just for the record, my benchmark is Drop HD6XX without eq and these phones blow them away.
WowzaH! That's high praise. I've been running the same KEF M100 earbuds for several years and they have not given up yet. Very durable little things. It appears I need to order a set of these new earbuds tested here.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually, a pair of spares is included, but no idea how to remove the mounted ones, when it would be necessary.
On the other hand, as long as they stay clean, they should last "indefinitely".
You give them a poke with a tweezer to flip them a little and then pull them out. This usually means damaging them, either by bending or puncture.

respice finem

Major Contributor
You give them a poke with a tweezer to flip them a little and then pull them out. This usually means damaging them, either by bending or puncture.
I was hoping for a tool like the one for advanced hearing aids for removing filters (which are also "showerhead like"), but those are not glued in...
But as said, as long as all works as intended, no reason for me to mess around with them.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,
Mine arrived yesterday.
The sound is good, but a bit V-shapy in my opinion (male vocals are a bit recessed, I think).
These things are pretty, but I'm not sure they'll stay in my ears if I move my head too much.

Compared to my everyday AKG k361, they are probably more detailed.

Paweł L

Thank you for the review. They seem nice, and could be worth a try for 50 USD!
the Honest Audiophile reviewer thought they were too bright and agressive which does seem to be an issue with a lot of Chinese headphones and IEM's i've heard.
has anyone else here heard these IEMS?
The Honest Audiophile also said that Röde NT-100 is such a great pair of closed backs, while others say that it has rolled highs and excessive lower mids. It also lacks low bass.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My pair just arrived yesterday, and Yikes!, they are good. Like really good. As in, my experiment with in-ear phones is complete.
Nice to have good sound quality from laptop on the go without toting a lot of gear/cables around.

WowzaH! That's high praise. I've been running the same KEF M100 earbuds for several years and they have not given up yet. Very durable little things. It appears I need to order a set of these new earbuds tested here.
Well that's proper bass for ya!

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Then how do you get the little replacement discs back in?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was hoping for a tool like the one for advanced hearing aids for removing filters (which are also "showerhead like"), but those are not glued in...
But as said, as long as all works as intended, no reason for me to mess around with them.
Ha, you are a chilled guy, I couldn't let that go! (But that's mainly because I'd be "paranoid" about it having a negative effect, albeit one that I couldn't recognise on the face of it.....but one which might detract from the experience anyway in comparison to if it was replaced). It may disrupt channel matching slightly.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Then how do you get the little replacement discs back in?
Very, very carefully and with some difficulty! And expect to have a couple of goes at it before you get it just right. These are very easily damaged. One set of spares is a nice gesture but it's definitely better to have a good supply.

Kevbaz

Just checked my packaging, mine didn’t come with any replacement discs/filters. Did anyone else’s not come with them.
Cheers
Kev

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very, very carefully and with some difficulty! And expect to have a couple of goes at it before you get it just right. These are very easily damaged. One set of spares is a nice gesture but it's definitely better to have a good supply.
Have you got some tips on how you get them back in? I mean that's useful information, it's a pity they didn't include that in the instructions, even though it's a nice gesture that they included one set of spare perforated metal discs.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just checked my packaging, mine didn’t come with any replacement discs/filters. Did anyone else’s not come with them.
Cheers
Kev
They're so small and in such a small plastic slip that they are almost bound to get lost when you unpackage your IEM - it was blind luck (lol sorry) that I happened to see those strange little metal discs just sitting on my counter after I'd unboxed everything!

respice finem

Major Contributor
Ha, you are a chilled guy, I couldn't let that go! (But that's mainly because I'd be "paranoid" about it having a negative effect, albeit one that I couldn't recognise on the face of it.....but one which might detract from the experience anyway in comparison to if it was replaced). It may disrupt channel matching slightly.
What I can't hear, doesn't bother me, and I have a slight asymmetry in favour of my left ear anyway (after a severe otitis in childhood).
My brain adapted to it, so I rarely even notice.
We all can't hear everything (which is sometimes a blessing rather than a curse).

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What I can't hear, doesn't bother me, and I have a slight asymmetry in favour of my left ear anyway (after a severe otitis in childhood).
My brain adapted to it, so I rarely even notice.
We all can't hear everything (which is sometimes a blessing rather than a curse).
You are definitely more balanced than I am! :D (pardon the pun again, lol!)

Top Bottom