• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buffalo Audio Switch - What do you guys think about this product?

tw99

From a business point of view, I guess they're thinking why leave money on the table by not having a (technically pointless) "audiophile" switch. It's just satisfying a market demand, however misguided that demand is.

I absolutely hate it from an engineering perspective, but then I'm an engineer rather than a product manager :)

OP
D

Ducnguyen2k10

From a business point of view, I guess they're thinking why leave money on the table by not having a (technically pointless) "audiophile" switch. It's just satisfying a market demand, however misguided that demand is.

I absolutely hate it from an engineering perspective, but then I'm an engineer rather than a product manager :)
It’s funny that most engineers are hardly making any money! Honesty makes us poor! Ironic!

997myra

Recently I saw Buffalo Audio Switch BS-GS2016/A.

This switch is supposedly solely for audiophiles! What do you guys think about this switch? Is Buffalo, one of largest firm providing network solution in Japan, also believe in this such of “audio switch”?

Product link: https://www.buffalo.jp/product/detail/bs-gs2016_a.html
I have 4 Buffalo Ethernet switches each one better than the other. And I finally got the One for audio which was slightly better than the model without audio the BS GS 2016A for network audio.
Each time more is revealed in the music
This is a big company who also make a more expensive switch at $3,000 which some people say is only slightly better than the buffalo. I forgot the name it will come to me.
I tried the chord Ethernet switch by English electric for $800 but found the Buffalo way better at $300 approximately. You don’t always get what you pay for
I hope that helps
Myra

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
popcorn-emoji.gif

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have 4 Buffalo Ethernet switches each one better than the other. And I finally got the One for audio which was slightly better than the model without audio the BS GS 2016A for network audio.
This is a big company who also make a more expensive switch at $3,000 which some people say is only slightly better than the buffalo. I forgot the name it will come to me.
I tried the chord Ethernet switch by English electric for $800 but found the Buffalo way better at $300 approximately. You don’t always get what you pay for
I hope that helps
Myra
A switch does not improve the sound quality of music. You've been duped. :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried the chord Ethernet switch by English electric for $800 but found the Buffalo way better at $300 approximately.
You don’t always get what you pay for
I hope that helps
Myra
I think we can all agree on that, in any event.

DonR

Major Contributor
I hope that helps
Myra
Welcome to the forum. How do you know it wasn't your subconscious biases at work here?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to the forum. How do you know it wasn't your subconscious biases at work here?
If she's the manufacturer's rep, the biases are all too conscious. ;)

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DonR

Major Contributor
*sigh*

oh my. "turn the LED's off to reduce noise" :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom