• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

English tears [passing of Queen Elizabeth II]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
She was a phenomenon. You have to be 69+ to have been born before she was Queen. You have to be in your mid to late 70's to ever have been aware of her Father as King.

She took on the role at age 25, and has sacrificed* her entire adult life to serving her country. She was still working (inviting our new prime minster to be so) just 2 days ago.

*I use the word advisedly. The monarchy as an institution chews people up and spits them out. Of the institution, I am not a fan. Of our late Queen I have little but respect. We'll never see her like again.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My mother is 96. This will be blow to her. My condolences to my UK friends.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Others here from the UK may feel the same. The Queen was always *there* and a kind of stabilising presence during many turbulent events. In shock a bit right now... R.I.P. Ma'am and thank you...

pjn

We stand with our English friends, especially now. New Prime Minister and passing of the Queen. Love live England.
I feel surprisingly sad given that I’m not a royalist at all. Very dignified and admirable person

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You only realise the value of something when it's gone.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My condolences to all Brits. She was a steadfast anchor of leadership and humility in the face of adversity, she will be known for her service more than her title.

JSmith

Master Contributor
elizabeth-queen111-3.jpg

1EivFjwr

rip-1662659512.jpg

Goodbye Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, RIP. :(

JSmith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you seen the type of person people elect to be heads of state?
That is sometimes a mind blowing thing. One would think a really well educated expert at something would be elected but nope. We see all sorts of backgrounds. I suppose that's democracy in action.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is sometimes a mind blowing thing. One would think a really well educated expert at something would be elected but nope. We see all sorts of backgrounds. I suppose that's democracy in action.
Kind of reminds me of "popular" people vs capable people. Kind of like high school over and over again.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Have you seen the type of person people elect to be heads of state?
I have also seen the kind people do not. I live in a place under a monarch who's an absolute criminal.

Reactions: MCH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom