• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

Toku

Major Contributor
I see. my apartment gets very warm in the summer, so I'm trying to avoid hot amplifiers. and I don't listen very loud, so I'm wondering if this is overkill - if it even sounds any better than something "lesser"... :) having a hard time deciding here.

maybe I will wait a bit with choosing since I think it will be a bit "overkill" for my usage. I am trying to simplify my home setup but this might be unnecessarily big too...

sorry if this is off-topic but you appear to have a lot of experience with these Class D products.
do you have any favourite, in terms of problem-free and overall quality?

thank you for the thorough response!
In Japan, where I live, the A30a really gets hot during the daytime in midsummer.
In my room, the temperature exceeds 28 degrees even with air conditioning. Now that the hottest season has passed, I don't mind the fever so much.

If you want to avoid heat generation, use SMSL AO200. You won't find a cooler amp than this with a big output amp. Others include SMSL A300 and Sabaj A20a 2022.

mvnchies

In Japan, where I live, the A30a really gets hot during the daytime in midsummer.
In my room, the temperature exceeds 28 degrees even with air conditioning. Now that the hottest season has passed, I don't mind the fever so much.

If you want to avoid heat generation, use SMSL AO200. You won't find a cooler amp than this with a big output amp. Others include SMSL A300 and Sabaj A20a 2022.
OK that is very hot!! I get about 25-30c without AC on the hottest days... I can't stand super hot climate.

I will check these out. The A300 looks very nice to me... will probably try to find more information about it, thank you very much once again!

m8kbv

At what temperature inside will this fan start? The temperature does not adversely affect its life in the future?
It's still hot in Poland today, 28.5'C in the room - no air conditioning .
I bought for A30a elac debut reference dbr62 (hopefully a good choice), heco aurora 700 will stay with onkyo 8270 (and
Larger set up will be for stereo video playback..giving up even the 5.1 set up for them)

Toku

Major Contributor
OK that is very hot!! I get about 25-30c without AC on the hottest days... I can't stand super hot climate.

I will check these out. The A300 looks very nice to me... will probably try to find more information about it, thank you very much once again!
I bought two SMSL AO200s, two A300s and two Sabaj A20a 2022s. Feel free to message me if you need any information.

At what temperature inside will this fan start? The temperature does not adversely affect its life in the future?
It's still hot in Poland today, 28.5'C in the room - no air conditioning .
I bought for A30a elac debut reference dbr62 (hopefully a good choice), heco aurora 700 will stay with onkyo 8270 (and
Larger set up will be for stereo video playback..giving up even the 5.1 set up for them)
I think the temperature at which the fan starts to rotate was 60°C.
Well, in a semiconductor circuit the temperature is not so high. But I want to use it at the lowest possible temperature.
High temperatures are especially bad for electrolytic capacitors.

Zek

Major Contributor
It's a shame that manufacturers don't install ventilation openings on such small cases that overheat easily.:(

It's a shame that manufacturers don't install ventilation openings on such small cases that overheat easily.:(
You can make them yourself. Just make sure to catch all splinters with a lighting match box inlay or something similar when you drill them.

Toku

Major Contributor
Although it is a case that uses a lot of aluminum material with good heat conduction, more ingenuity is required for the heat dissipation effect.

Zek

Major Contributor
Yup, but all the hot air remains trapped inside the case, which is not very good for some electronic circuits - it would be better to drain the hot air outside the case.

On the pictures it looks as if there are two slits at the backside to ensure airflow.

I wonder how much wattage is takes from the wall when it's on, but not playing anything.

Toku

Major Contributor
On the pictures it looks as if there are two slits at the backside to ensure airflow.

I wonder how much wattage is takes from the wall when it's on, but not playing anything.
I forgot completely.
The top of the rear panel has a slit that serves as an air exhaust port when the fan rotates.

I have the A30a playing music for 120 hours straight and the fans never run. Comfortable.

Attachments

• A30a-Slit.png
    A30a-Slit.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 268

DriedFartz

@Toku I don't see the A30a on Amazon yet. In your experience do you feel Sabaj is still sorting out the niggles? Is it safe to buy already? How's your replacement unit holding up?

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
@Toku I don't see the A30a on Amazon yet. In your experience do you feel Sabaj is still sorting out the niggles? Is it safe to buy already? How's your replacement unit holding up?
Did you read my entire post on the A30a?
There is nothing wrong with the design of the Sabai A30a. The first A30a that I received was that the copper plate for heat dissipation of the STA516BE output module was loose due to poor assembly and overheated, activating the protection circuit.
It's only a problem with the A30a that happened to reach me.
If you buy an A30a and have any problems, I think the Sabaj staff will be there for you and treat you seriously. They were very kind to me in dealing with my problem this time. And they sent me a new item right away.

I bought it from HiFI Express because it was not handled by Amazon yet. HIiFI Express is Sabaj, SMSL, Loxjie SMSL Group's direct sales outlet.

DriedFartz

Did you read my entire post on the A30a?
Yes, I did. But I was a little sceptical about Sabaj's QC after reading your posts on the A20a (Powering on and the Volume leakage issues). The fault perhaps only lies with that particular model, forgive me for being a little apprehensive, as it is going to be my very first purchase of a Sabaj.

If you buy an A30a and have any problems, I think the Sabaj staff will be there for you and treat you seriously. They were very kind to me in dealing with my problem this time. And they sent me a new item right away.
This gives me plenty of confidence. I think I'm convinced enough to get the A30a. Thanks!

Yes, I'll get it from hiFi Express.

Toku

Major Contributor
Yes, I did. But I was a little sceptical about Sabaj's QC after reading your posts on the A20a (Powering on and the Volume leakage issues). The fault perhaps only lies with that particular model, forgive me for being a little apprehensive, as it is going to be my very first purchase of a Sabaj.

This gives me plenty of confidence. I think I'm convinced enough to get the A30a. Thanks!

Yes, I'll get it from hiFi Express.
I fully understand your concerns about Sabaj's products.
I have purchased Sabaj products and have been unsuccessful many times. But Sabaj always answers my questions honestly and tries to improve. I think their company is very young and inexperienced. That's why there are many failures, but I want to support their enthusiasm.

bloomdido

From what I can see this amplifier only has a LP filter on the subwoofer output but not a matching HP on the main output. What is the use of that? Doesn't Chinese manufacturers realise that all active subwoofers have a LP filter on them? Has anyone seen an active subwoofer that has no LP filter? Or, is that a speciality on the Chinese market.

Or have the Chinese audio engineers collectively lost their mind?
It is definitely not a speciality on the Chinese market. For example the Cambridge "5 stars on WhatHiFi" CXA60 also has LPF on sub out but no HPF for main speaker cirquits. I guess the idea is you tune your sub to play up to the frequency when your main speakers start to rapidly roll off in lower bass... I tried this, it sort of works (not doing anything to main speakers distortion but I don't listen at levels where that becomes an issue).

bloomdido

There is new available product.

SABAJ A30a Power Amplifier 200W*2
  • Using the latest DSP chip with ST high-power amplifier chip, carefully designed and debugged, its distortion is as low as 0.0008%;
Just to think of how cool this product would be if it allowed to mess up with its DSP's biquads to set up some parametric EQ - through USB connection or web app or phone app etc. Has anyone heard of such amps on the market? Except for solutions like Hypex FusionAmp and the like.

Is the volume knob plastic or metal? Is it as cheap and flimsy as that black one from the A20a (2019) which is also installed to lots of SMSL devices?
And does it turn smoothly or are there clicks?

Ducnguyen2k10

Is the volume knob plastic or metal? Is it as cheap and flimsy as that black one from the A20a (2019) which is also installed to lots of SMSL devices?
And does it turn smoothly or are there clicks?
I believe the knob is plastic! It’s light and smooth turning feel. But it’s not loose or flimsy or wobling whatsoever. It’s give you the feeling of steady!

Top Bottom