• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

help this noob please. looking for 2.1 speaker amps

BearWant

thanks for all the replies. my budget for the setup is about 500-700. and the as301 + airmotiv b1+ fits right in.

however, the recommendation to get better speakers like the polk r200 or elac dbr62 paired with the aiyima a07 for around 700+ really piqued my curiosity, though is a bit over my top-end budget but i can probably squeeze that in, if it's worth it.

then i saw a thread here in ASR saying that they prefer the jbl 530 over both dbr62 & r200, and it costs significantly lower at < 400/pair. if the jbl is on par with the dbr62 or r200, will pairing the jbl with the as301 be a great match at around the top end of my budget, or is the aiyima just as good a match?

which of these aforementioned combinations do you feel will be a good fit for a starter in this hobby and will likely keep me content in the foreseeable future without spending thousands more?
I have the jbl 530 and really like them. Can't say I've ive yet spent a ton of time with them or could compare them to the others. But I will say if you can wait for the sale which frequently show up on JBL and Harmon sites at different times, they can be had for as low as $240 a pair with free shipping and returns. Hard to beat that.

Top Bottom