• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magnat MA 900 is almost the perfect amp for me but lacks of...

RUBY

Hi fellows,

found in the MA 900 the almost perfect amp for me, but is has no support for pre or sub out.

I love the brushed alu style, bass/mid/treble management and loudness. But maybe I will run a miniDSP in near future, which I can't with this amp, nor can I run a sub. So, what are the alternatives.? This amp with pre and sub out and below 1k Euro would make me very happy. But it seems it's not developed yet...
Please note that the REC OUT can be used for connecting a subwoofer. Sounds great

Tremolo

The local dealer assured me its fine foe connecting a sub, and it works great. The sub has a volume controll
Every sub has a volume control to match the level to the one of the mains. But it's a onetime setup. You always need a pre out or sub out to change the listening volume accordingly.

egellings

Major Contributor
I'm not seeing pre-out or sub-out here.
A-50-main3.png
Why no ground (earth) terminal on that power receptacle?

RUBY

Hi fellows,

found in the MA 900 the almost perfect amp for me, but is has no support for pre or sub out.

I love the brushed alu style, bass/mid/treble management and loudness. But maybe I will run a miniDSP in near future, which I can't with this amp, nor can I run a sub. So, what are the alternatives.? This amp with pre and sub out and below 1k Euro would make me very happy. But it seems it's not developed yet...
I asked MAGNAT about connecting a SUB to the REC OUT, and this is their reply:

It is possible to connect the Subwoofer the way you described but it will always need to be adjusted at its own volume control. If the subwoofer offers high-level input you may connect them to the MA 900's regular speaker output with another set of cables. This will solve the problem of volume control.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
Magnat Service Team
KS

Sheriff1972

Forum Donor
I use the Magnat MA700. HDMI in, sub out. Gas a great DAC. I run a wiim Pro into that. Makes me smile every day

Top Bottom