• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, Pair of SUB18 and BSS BLU800 System with all Cables

Champster

Well there comes a time when we all have to part with our friends and this time is now for me. I've recently moved into my new home and am looking for a more modest system and have decided on the Linkwitz LX521.4 (shown in the picture). I can provide more pictures to interested buyers.

I bought a pair of M2 Master Reference Monitors brand new in October, 2018 and a pair of SUB18 subwoofers to round out my home audio system. Many would call this overkill, but I wanted the best and at the time I had the room and this was the ticket. I also originally had Crown amps but the fans made too much noise so I swapped them out with a BSS BLU800 and VTV amplifiers that worked much better in my living room. ALL SPEAKERS ARE IN PERFECT, PRISTINE, AS NEW CONDITION. NO SCRATCHES, PET FREE, CHILD FREE ENVIRONMENT.

I have the original boxes for the M2s and one of the SUB18s. The other SUB18 box was the victim of water damage and was destroyed while it was in storage in my garage. I have all the speaker cables and balanced audio interconnects to immediately connect this system together and start enjoying music. Also, the BLU800 is loaded with 2 analog input and 2 analog output cards and has the exact software file from JBL for a turn key startup for a new buyer.

I would ideally like to find someone interested in the whole system as I have gone to great lengths to pull all this together and this could be someones chance to buy a turn key state of the art system. I understand, however, that not everyone can accommodate a system that takes up this much real estate and would be willing to part it out.

I can ship these via Freight on pallets at buyers expense. I have pallets, but I'd need to buy wrapping and strapping supplies. The M2s will require one pallet and each SUB18 will require its own pallet. Pallets are 36"x36". Shipping weight for each SUB18 is about 125lbs. Shipping weight for M2s is about 300lbs. Shipping from Wake Forest, NC 27587. Local pickup & demo is available.

JBL M2 $7000 pair
SUB18 $1600 each
BSS BLU800 and all Cables $1000

Please note, the amps are not available for sale.

Please, no tire kickers. I feel these prices are fair and feel free to ask questions and PM me for more pictures.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_1346.jpeg
    IMG_1346.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 680
  • AA95887B-5967-43F7-AAC4-87B5417DFC8F_1_105_c.jpeg
    AA95887B-5967-43F7-AAC4-87B5417DFC8F_1_105_c.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 680

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well there comes a time when we all have to part with our friends and this time is now for me. I've recently moved into my new home and am looking for a more modest system and have decided on the Linkwitz LX521.4 (shown in the picture). I can provide more pictures to interested buyers.

I bought a pair of M2 Master Reference Monitors brand new in October, 2018 and a pair of SUB18 subwoofers to round out my home audio system. Many would call this overkill, but I wanted the best and at the time I had the room and this was the ticket. I also originally had Crown amps but the fans made too much noise so I swapped them out with a BSS BLU800 and VTV amplifiers that worked much better in my living room. ALL SPEAKERS ARE IN PERFECT, PRISTINE, AS NEW CONDITION. NO SCRATCHES, PET FREE, CHILD FREE ENVIRONMENT.

I have the original boxes for the M2s and one of the SUB18s. The other SUB18 box was the victim of water damage and was destroyed while it was in storage in my garage. I have all the speaker cables and balanced audio interconnects to immediately connect this system together and start enjoying music. Also, the BLU800 is loaded with 2 analog input and 2 analog output cards and has the exact software file from JBL for a turn key startup for a new buyer.

I would ideally like to find someone interested in the whole system as I have gone to great lengths to pull all this together and this could be someones chance to buy a turn key state of the art system. I understand, however, that not everyone can accommodate a system that takes up this much real estate and would be willing to part it out.

I can ship these via Freight on pallets at buyers expense. I have pallets, but I'd need to buy wrapping and strapping supplies. The M2s will require one pallet and each SUB18 will require its own pallet. Pallets are 36"x36". Shipping weight for each SUB18 is about 125lbs. Shipping weight for M2s is about 300lbs. Shipping from Wake Forest, NC 27587. Local pickup & demo is available.

JBL M2 $7000 pair
SUB18 $1600 each

Please, no tire kickers. I feel these prices are fair and feel free to ask questions and PM me for more pictures.

Thanks
Paul
Very reasonable price. So I have to make a decision between this set of speakers and my wife *sigh* ;)

Reactions: TSB
OP
Champster

Champster

SUB18s and BLU800 are spoken for...

M2s look like they are going to New Zealand but not for sure yet.

Paul

AudioJester

Forum Donor
Have to ask how you find the Lx521 compared to your previous system?

OP
Champster

Champster

Have to ask how you find the Lx521 compared to your previous system?
They were very different from each other. The LX521.4 system has a soundstage like nothing I’ve ever heard before. A truly world class soundstage. I love how you can play them quietly (60dBish) and have a complete and full experience. Whereas the M2s have a pretty good soundstage but their real strength is their clarity, precision and dynamic range. Their sound is scary real at times depending on the recording. Both great and neither really suffers from shortcomings, just different flavors of the premium ice cream. The challenge with comparing them in the same room is that speaker placement for each is very different.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I just love the two rooms- did you buy a church or is it a loft?

OP
Champster

Champster

Haha it is definitely not a church. The two rooms are in different homes.

ArkadeFunk

JBL M2 $7000 pair
SUB18 $1600 each

Thanks
Paul
What amps were you using to power the SUB18's?, and how much power did those amps have? I want to get a setup that is near identical to this and I'm not sure what amps to go for. Do I just use another Itech amp? or do I need something else? Thanks

OP
Champster

Champster

I initially used Crown amps but quickly found their fans intolerable and switched to VTV Amps using bridged Hypex modules rated at about 1000W. These worked wonderfully and I would highly recommend them. I still have the amps if you’re interested. I hope that helps.

Adi777

PS Why JBL recommend Crown I-Tech 5000HD for JBL M2? Would other class D amplifiers be as good, or maybe even better? I mean, for example, Apollon, Audiophonics, and others?
For LCR JBL M2 for cinema room.

OP
Champster

Champster

The Criwn amps are much higher powered amps and if achieving the highest SPL is important then you need that much power. I use the DCI 4|1200 initially. They sounded great but the fans were annoying and frankly I never played them nearly loud enough to need all that power.

Adi777

The Criwn amps are much higher powered amps and if achieving the highest SPL is important then you need that much power. I use the DCI 4|1200 initially. They sounded great but the fans were annoying and frankly I never played them nearly loud enough to need all that power.
So you can say that the only difference is power?
I read something about configuration files, but I don't know what's going on. What files?

OP
Champster

Champster

Oh yes the Crown amps house the DSP config files which is really nifty to not require another box. When I moved to the non crown route it required a box for the DSP files. I used a BLU800 but any of them will do. If you’re just running the M2 (no subs) then the BLU50 is probably the best option. The Crown amps used Audio Architect software the BLU boxes use London Architect. Both free downloads.

OP
Champster

Champster

Then a BLU800 would work well for you

OP
Champster

Champster

Sorry for the tardy update. The M2s & BLU800 are sold and in New Zealand, the SUB18s are sold and in Canada.

Top Bottom