• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

Zaireeka

I think I already saw the first chart linked here but not the whole document. Gonna dig it, thx!

Last edited:

Trell

Major Contributor
I think I already saw the first chart linked here but not the whole document. Gonna dig it, thx!

The Genelec.com has a lot of very useful information. The user manuals are also very good sources for operations and setup, and could clear up potential misconceptions about connectivity and performance.

kuf

That's a pity, I thought using the AES/EBU in/outs could do the trick...

you could use 2 x 7350 but they are considered to be small for the 8350.

I suppose that in specific scenarios 2 X 7350 maybe would be better than 1 x 7360 (I am talking in general, not specifically for the 8350)

Trell

Major Contributor
you could use 2 x 7350 but they are considered to be small for the 8350.

I suppose that in specific scenarios 2 X 7350 maybe would be better than 1 x 7360 (I am talking in general, not specifically for the 8350)
No, as I wrote in the post just before the one you replied to the 7350 can’t be chained together like the 7360 and above, at least not if you want to use GLM.

Zaireeka

I guess it has more to do with the room they're set in, and how it behaves at modal frequencies. I think I'll start with one 7350 to see if it blends well with the 8350s (which are the one that shouldn't be used in my 66m3 space to begin with, at least according to Genelec's recommandations).

Zaireeka

No, as I wrote in the post just before the one you replied to the 7350 can’t be chained together like the 7360 and above, at least not if you want to use GLM.
Knowing that, do you think I can plug one sub on the GLM network, set it up then store the settings to unplug it and repeat the process with the other sub?

Trell

Major Contributor
Knowing that, do you think I can plug one sub on the GLM network, set it up then store the settings to unplug it and repeat the process with the other sub?
I don’t think so as all monitors and subwoofers have to be connected at the same time.

The 7350 is a very compact subwoofer for near field use and won’t keep up with your 8350 monitors. Personally I found the 7350 insufficient for my pair of 8330A and bought the 7360A after testing at home.

I recommend that you buy from a store with a good return policy so that you can try the subwoofers at home.

Zaireeka

I'll probably order on Thomann or Woodbrass, the only issue is that both sites announce that the sub isn't available yet (14-18 weeks delay for Thomann...). This gives me plenty of time to focus on the acoustical side of things in the meantime ;)

Trell

Major Contributor
I'll probably order on Thomann or Woodbrass, the only issue is that both sites announce that the sub isn't available yet (14-18 weeks delay for Thomann...). This gives me plenty of time to focus on the acoustical side of things in the meantime ;)

Yeah, there’s waiting times for much nowadays. It does put a damper on impulse buying. :)

I bought from Thomann.de and it was no hassle to return the 7350 and buy the 7360 instead. I’ve bought quite a bit from them over the years and that has worked very well for me.

kuf

I am not talking about daisy chained subs, but for 2 seperate single subs, either in stereo or mono configuration

Trell

Major Contributor
I am not talking about daisy chained subs, but for 2 seperate single subs, either in stereo or mono configuration
I don’t think that will work with GLM, and if GLM can’t be used there is no reason to buy Genelec subwoofers as there are other subwoofers that are cheaper, has better performance and looks much better as well.

The reason I bought a Genelec subwoofer was to use GLM and that works very well. It’s pricey, though, for the performance but is very well integrated with my monitors.

Trell

Major Contributor
So it must be possible after all... The choice between 2x7350 and 7360 is still not clear for me, both solutions seem interesting.

I would send an email to Genelec support and ask of it possible like you intend. The 7360 discusses use of multiple subwoofers (as it has a connector for it) while the 7350 does not.

Zaireeka

I would send an email to Genelec support and ask of it possible like you intend. The 7360 discusses use of multiple subwoofers (as it has a connector for it) while the 7350 does not.
Yep will do!

Reactions: CMB

Tangband

Major Contributor
This is way beyond what I expected. Wow! These guys are truly pros.
This is so in front of the competition one can get . Genelec is now leading the hifi industry into the future. Impressive.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While grade is impressive and convenient with some time and effort everyone can do the same measurements.

Tangband

Major Contributor
While grade is impressive and convenient with some time and effort everyone can do the same measurements.
Thats true, - but you need some measurement skills, some gear, and a knowledge what to measure and why. In the GRADE report, Genelec have already done that learning time for you.:)

It takes years of practicing and measuring the right things, learn about the precedence effect and the critical distance and the consequences of this. How many of us are prepared to do all this, measuring every day, except you and I and maybe some enthusiasts who has a fetishism for measuring things ?

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
except you and I and maybe some enthusiasts who has a fetishism for measuring things ?
I concede as it's the truth, even is studios and those who can measure would enjoy the convenience of GRADE.

Top Bottom