• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon PMA-600NE

sleazymamba

Hi everyone. From experience, would this amp be a good match for Diamond 9.1 speakers with a sub ? I like natural sound, not too shouty, not too bright in the upper mids, airy highs with solid bass but not overbearing. Usually listen at 70-80db. Currently running a Technics SU-A700 mk 3 which is OK but getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks.

Streamc

I would say no to Denon PMA 720. It can't control bass with Elac Debut B6.2. Heard the same opinion on PMA 800. Do not know about 600.
I really prefered Ayima 07 on bass. In limited budget I would try Topping PA5 but I have not heard it. But in Europe I think Eval 1 board Purifi ET400 would not cost much higher than Denon. Even with PSU from Hypex.

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everyone. From experience, would this amp be a good match for Diamond 9.1 speakers with a sub ? I like natural sound, not too shouty, not too bright in the upper mids, airy highs with solid bass but not overbearing. Usually listen at 70-80db. Currently running a Technics SU-A700 mk 3 which is OK but getting a bit long in the tooth.

Thanks.
What did you do in the end? Way too late but I've just acquired the 600ne and paired it with some Elac DSRb6 and it's working fine in a fairly large room too. My listening levels usually 75-85dB

Top Bottom