• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone viewing the OA on Netflix?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have watched three episodes. Not sure what to think yet. I am bothered by some very unrealistic things in the movie. By that not the intended unrealistic things, but like assaulting someone in school and doing the damage done and not getting expelled. I just don't see that as passing muster. A few other little things. Still I will give it a chance for a couple more episodes and see what I think. At least it is something different.

Was watching Falling Water. Looked interesting though a bit cliche. Then after 3 episodes seemed to be just spinning its wheels with no idea where to go with the story. Plenty of possibilities were setup that would have been a good trip. They did not do anything with any of them.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I could say anything about this movie. Because I didn't see any episode of it.

Welcome to ASR markocholo33 as this appears your first post. So what kinds of good shows or movies have you viewed and can say something about?

How about Arrival. We have a couple threads on it, but it is a bit of a bifurcated opinion. Something think it great and some think it was a good idea not well executed. Have you seen it?

davkj

My wife made me watch season one of the OA.
I won't be watching season 2.
:rolleyes:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks. I thought it was abbreviation for something. :)
Yes thanks, I also was curious but afraid to ask. LOL

Maybe get Netflix some day but looking at it's current 4k content not worth the extra $ to me.
Looking to Comcast to be offering some content on X1 platform in near future.

markocholo33

Welcome to ASR markocholo33 as this appears your first post. So what kinds of good shows or movies have you viewed and can say something about?

How about Arrival. We have a couple threads on it, but it is a bit of a bifurcated opinion. Something think it great and some think it was a good idea not well executed. Have you seen it?
Sorry I didn't that one. But you can take a look one "Shavdhaan India, May I Come in Madam" This is much interesting. Even I enjoy that shows.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Damm, when I saw the thread title I thought maybe season 2 was out. S1 was great, but I like TV shows that are more like a weird trip than something you've seen before.

cjfrbw

I watched a few episodes. It seems to want to be exotic without being silly, but winds up being kind of silly without being that exotic. It's kind of a spin on the Stephen King ratpack gig (bunch of characters being thrown together feeling special) and you keep wondering "where is this thing going and why" without much in the way of closure or satisfaction, it just keeps going.

WARNING SPOILERS; I liked 'Arrival' and thought it was reasonably well executed. It teeters on a rather narrow point which might not appeal to standard audiences i.e. the role that organized language plays in the actual capacities of our cognition aka abstraction, math, etc. Some people say abstract language may have been genetically 'implanted' in our brains by alien powers, and 'Arrival' suggests that that abstract cognition can also contain pre-cognition and time travel with the proper linguistic elements. The aliens depart, presumably to allow our 'civilization' to develop with the new gift before they might return at a later time when we could understand them and join the cosmic community on a better footing than that of truculent, violent tribal apes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom