• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s DAC and apple camera connection kit

shibi

Hi,i bought topping D10 DAC last month..my source is macbook and iphone7 .I am getting proper audio signals from analog out of topping D10 when connecting to macbook.But with i phone 7 ,i am using a apple lightning to USB3 (camera kit) adaptor to connect phone and DAC and here no audio signals is coming out of topping.But front diplay clearly show file resolution and all.
Please give solution

Sent from my iPhone

archerious

I was able to get a D10 Balanced to work with my iPad with this adapter and a powered USB hub.

In your case the powered USB hub might be all you need.

Ryvius

The D10s is powered by the USB cable, so if you bought the camera kit that doesn't have a separate charging port input, you'll have issues running from the iPhone...

OP
S

shibi

Am using CCK3 adaptor that have separate charging port

Ryvius

You'll have to do more troubleshooting on your own or provide more information then for people to have something to work with. So far you have "D10 works with laptop, not with iPhone 7, please fix."

I use an iPhone 7s with a Topping D10 and only ran into issues when I used a camera kit that only had the single output (IOW, no separate power supply). The display would show, but it was dim and I wouldn't get audio. Switching to a camera kit that allowed a separate power supply input solved it. Hence it was my only suggestion...

BitPerfect_

Hi @shibi did you discovered the reason, solved the problem?

I am also interested if using D10 and Apple Music via CCK3 you are able to stream 24/192 and the volume could be adjusted . Thanks,

solty

Hi I currently got my setup working. I initially tried using a non-genuine camera connection kit but the D10s screen would get stuck flashing (---) on the LCD screen. Once I used my genuine CCK3 it worked right away.

The signal chain is as shown below:

iPhone 8 Plus + CCK3 powered using lightning cable from Apple 5W adapter > D10s > E30 > L30

PS. I'm using the D10s just as a SPDIF converter so I don't have to constantly switch connections on my E30 when I want to use Apple Music on my iPhone on my desktop setup.

Thanks for opening this thread, it gave my old D10s a new purpose.

solty

I am also interested if using D10 and Apple Music via CCK3 you are able to stream 24/192 and the volume could be adjusted . Thanks,

Hi friend, on Apple Music for the music I have at least I can play Hi-Res Lossless 24-bit/96KHz tracks with no issue. I'm not sure if there are any 25/192 tracks in the Apple Music library.

My signal chain:

iPhone 8 Plus + CCK3 powered using lightning cable from Apple 5W adapter > D10s > E30 > L30

The D10s LCD display switches between 96.0KHz PCM, 44.1Khz PCM, 48.0KHz PCM following each track.

I have also tried using Plexamp with Sample Rate Matching set to 'Strict'. I also don't have any 24/192 tracks on my own music library but I do have DSD and the D10s seems to be able to play the track while showing 352PCM but it did not switch to DSD mode.

Also the E30 I have my D10s plugged into through both Coaxial and Optical S/PDIF shows a --- on the display and has not sound output.

But through both Coaxial and Optical S/PDIF they play 24-bit/96KHz tracks with no issue on Apple Music.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

I've played 24/192 on my D10S via my macbook pro - it does it and does it well.

solty

Volume can be adjusted on the iPhone when plugged into the D10s

The D10s doesn't seem to have any option to adjust volume on the unit, other than through Window's Direct Sound volume or on the volume tab of Topping's driver

Last edited:
Top Bottom