• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for front firing subwoofer

M.a.e

If I wanted to hide a sub, I’d probably choose one of those slim under/behind/beside the couch models. I tried to put a sub in a cabinet once - it worked, but after 2 months I was tired of fighting the rattling and took it out.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Easier just to make the box look like furniture....if aesthetics of a box is that important. Kinda hard to "hide" it one way or the other, but disguising it as the usual useless furniture clogging rooms....sure :)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I wanted to hide a sub, I’d probably choose one of those slim under/behind/beside the couch models. I tried to put a sub in a cabinet once - it worked, but after 2 months I was tired of fighting the rattling and took it out.
Or even transducers mounted in the seating....

OP
S

sweetmusic

Looks like the Rhythmik L12 is a great sub... and it does (just barely) fit! I can manage a little over 15", maybe 16", in depth and height. I'll triple check the measurements before buying anything.

Any other recommendations?

I see that the SVS SB-1000 should also fit, and people in these forums have recommended other SVS models, usually the bigger ones.

And yes... vibration. It's a heavy cabinet of solid hardwood. Rubber feet will help a little. Even so, there will be some inevitable resonances. Will it be worse subjectively than having no subwoofer, and losing a lot of the sound below 60 Hz?
I measured: the cabinet can fit 16 7/8" height and 16 3/4" depth -- including the power cord and cable connection. I can get right angle adapters so that I only need 3/4" space in the back.

With these measurements, the Rhythmik 12L, SVS 1000 Pro, SVS 3000 Micro, KEF KC62, and Martin Logan 600X all fit.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I measured: the cabinet can fit 16 7/8" height and 16 3/4" depth -- including the power cord and cable connection. I can get right angle adapters so that I only need 3/4" space in the back.

With these measurements, the Rhythmik 12L, SVS 1000 Pro, SVS 3000 Micro, KEF KC62, and Martin Logan 600X all fit.
Which SVS 1000 pro? Just the SB? (I'm guessing)

Doctors11

Just a quick correction, you won't want the ML 600x, that's a ported design. The 800x is the one.

Top Bottom