• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A1 Desktop Amplifier Review

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
Shame, this is a cheap, nasty and under spec'd amp. I'd rather buy a nice Japanese used integrated amp from the 90s with similar money

Last edited:

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have several TPA3118 and 3116. They are good amplifiers, but not at audiophile level. You have to go with the latest generation of Texas Instruments TPA325X to get a good sound, if it's implemented of course.

The TPA3118 in BTL mode or not are perfect for portable Bluetooth devices or not. They are inexpensive and they do the job well.

SmackDaddies

Shame, this is a cheap, nasty and under spec'd amp. I'd rather buy a nice Japanese used integrated amp from the 90s with similar money
A cheap, nasty amp that you would likely be unable to differentiate from another amp in a blind test

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
For someone who has no ear or is deaf.
I have many system in my flat, and one I like to listen is composed with ultra low cost elements. Anyway I am able to like the music, even if components are assumed low fi!

I believe some defaults are not so important, it is not meaning I have no ear :eek:

ModDIY

It is not a question of low price but rather of distortion rate.

LuckyLuke575

Forum Donor
A cheap, nasty amp that you would likely be unable to differentiate from another amp in a blind test
No man, I'll give you my stock answer and say that maybe you are hard of hearing etc. but I'm not interested in paying for badly performing equipment when there are better options out there, and look at the power rating it's too low. There are many other better options.

Zek

Major Contributor
There is a new Sabaj A1 with the Infineon chip MA12070.

ModDIY

There is a new Sabaj A1 with the Infineon chip MA12070.

So it's a new version of the A1?

Top Bottom