• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fair price used Salon 2's

BossBunos

I can get my hands on a pair of used salon 2's via a relative. But I'm not sure what they're worth (market value generally speaking). I want to make a fair offer. They are 10 years old. I live in europe by the way (I gues they are harder to come by here). They are in perfect condition and everything is included (books and boxes etc).

caught gesture

Forum Donor
I’ve always thought that once out of guarantee, half the original purchase price is a fair price if the object is in good condition.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sold mine for $11.5k ish
For a good measure of the market, go to hifishark.com and enter the speaker and look at the sold/expired tab.
What that will show you is the price it was listed at, not sold. So, while its not reflective of actual selling price it gives you an upper limit of what is/was market at the time of sale

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
As an owner of a few Salon2's who wants to keep the market price up, I'd say around $1,000,000 is about right... ;)

Realistically, I agree with the 50% or off crowd.

Todd k

Forum Donor
I bought a used 8 year old pair in black in excellant condition for $9000 a year ago. About as good as it gets in floorstanding speakers. Grab em!

OP
B

BossBunos

Got them! Placed them in the room yesterday evening and played some tracks at low/medium volume. Very impressed! Plays everything with ease and perfectly in balance compared to my Sopra 2's. I didn't expect this big a difference.

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
Got them! Placed them in the room yesterday evening and played some tracks at low/medium volume. Very impressed! Plays everything with ease and perfectly in balance compared to my Sopra 2's. I didn't expect this big a difference.
Congratulations!

OP
B

BossBunos

I didn't think I would find 'audiophile satisfaction' any time soon. But I sure did with the Salon2. What a speaker!
Using it now with a minidsp SHD and a march purifi

Ciobi69

I know it's an old thread, but how do you like them? I did like them i feel like they could be the ultimate loudspeaker for me and buying them used is a great idea , they are less expensive than the kef blade and i like it

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
@Ciobi69
Although your question was sent to another member, I tell you my experience as a Salon2 owner: I am extremely satisfied with mine.
The sound is amazing, and I also find the Salon2's form factor to be practical (not too wide or too deep).

Ciobi69

@Ciobi69
Although your question was sent to another member, I tell you my experience as a Salon2 owner: I am extremely satisfied with mine.
The sound is amazing, and I also find the Salon2's form factor to be practical (not too wide or too deep).
Thanks for your thoughts i hope to find them at a reasonable price , buying them used it's a great idea, revel is a serious company i believe,and sometimes you could find them for a great price

OP
B

BossBunos

I know it's an old thread, but how do you like them? I did like them i feel like they could be the ultimate loudspeaker for me and buying them used is a great idea , they are less expensive than the kef blade and i like it
I still enjoy them every day. The tonal balance is just amazing. With speakers I previously owned I always heard 'flaws' on some tracks. On speaker A a certain part of a certain track would sound off. While on speaker B a completely different track/part would sound off. On the salons every single track sounds flawless. I think as an audiophile not feeling the need/urge to upgrade says it all. If you can find a pair I can definitely recommend them!

Ciobi69

I still enjoy them every day. The tonal balance is just amazing. With speakers I previously owned I always heard 'flaws' on some tracks. On speaker A a certain part of a certain track would sound off. While on speaker B a completely different track/part would sound off. On the salons every single track sounds flawless. I think as an audiophile not feeling the need/urge to upgrade says it all. If you can find a pair I can definitely recommend them!
Thanks for your opinion

Ciobi69

Nice pair on us audio mart $11500.
I may did find them for 5k€ i don't know if it's a scam ,sounds a good price ,here in Europe revel it's now well considered imo they are more USA market concentrated,i got to valuate ,i already got very good amplifiers Soo they could be a perfect match

Ciobi69

I may did find them for 5k€ i don't know if it's a scam ,sounds a good price ,here in Europe revel it's now well considered imo they are more USA market concentrated,i got to valuate ,i already got very good amplifiers Soo they could be a perfect match
I would love to see the directivity of the salon 2 but i did not find anything, they should be wide

Top Bottom