• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PAS 2002PCA PA amplifier vs MC2 S800

Vytauts

Hi,
I finally received this PAS Audio 2002PCA, I ordered it at the end of April and it was very long, because we had to wait for the craftsman to weld and assemble this beautiful amp by hand, so about 10 weeks of waiting . I think he had difficulties getting electronic components, moreover the amplifier is currently unavailable for three months at Thomman.

For the moment I am discovering the amp, but already I can say that it works very well. It is wonderfully quiet, in the speakers there is no hissing or snoring. The toroidal transformer makes almost no noise, even with the ear glued to the facade the typical sound of toric is very very very low, barely audible. For the sound I wait a bit, but already the bass is formidable and the power impressive. In short, I am happy.

Hi,

Any pros / cons about 2002 PCA after few months using?
It's on my watchlist too.

mustang_flht

Hi,

The PAS audio 2002 PCA is still a good buy, even after 2 months of use it still looks great: quiet, not hot, calm, awesome. The sound is fabulous for the price, I especially like the very generous bass.

Be careful if you are not familiar with professional equipment, think that you will need specific cords and sockets: ask me if you want me to tell you what to choose.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
Can you confirm that this photo is of the current products?

Usually, PAS 2002PCA

PAS-2002PCA-inside-recorte.jpg

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Ignore SINAD, it is a measurement too simplistic, at least to me.

I would not ignore the SINAD completely, it serves as a first approximation to separate the wheat from the chaff, but it is sufficient that it goes to a decent level and then the actually value sort of loses importance, except for bragging rights. It is indeed too simplistic, also for me.

jamescarter1982

I too run MC2 amps (T500, T1000, T1000) into a three way active DIY speaker, so would be very grateful for these measurements. In my personal experience they are extremely good sounding amps, and I have had for them for many years without issues (all fans switched out to noctua silent ones).
could we have some more information about your 3way active speakers . I am collecting mc2 amps and would like to do something like this

mustang_flht

Hi ! The PAS audio 2002PCA is no longer available from Thomann, I think the German craftsman manufacturer had to retire and close his workshop. Now there are new studio amps on the market, they are American, they are more expensive than the old PAS audio 2002PCA, but qualitatively do you think they are good: the references are AVANTONE CLA 100, CLA 200 and the big CLA400, they are beautiful with their VU meters.

CLA-100-TopDown.jpeg

CLA-200-TopDown.jpeg

CLA-400-TopDown.jpeg

Interior CLA200

IMG_9859.JPG

IMG_9864.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom