Recent content by zym1010

1. Z

FS: THX AAA 789

SOLD elsewhere.
  2. Z

FS: THX AAA 789

I bought the amp late 2019, as the last batch of "Massdrop"-branded ones, instead of "DROP". Everything is included. I'm selling my headphone gears as I'm now listening to studio monitors. I'd like to get $220 via PayPal (shipping and fee included), or $200 local cash (around ZIP 94066, CA...
  3. Z

[SOLD] FS: LOXJIE P20

Obtained it first hand in late 2019; the unit is in great condition with all original accessories and packagings. I have only used <10 times. Amazon now is selling it at $99.99. https://www.amazon.com/LOXJIE-Balance-Amplifier-Headphone-Power/dp/B07H5HK3QT?th=1...
  4. Z

Genelec SAM system wireless volume control

if there is a measurable difference between GLM and no GLM, then in principle, there should a measurable difference between different curve settings? After all, different settings are just different EQs applied to the DSP inside a speaker.
  5. Z

I see. I tried some non flat target before and I find that I like the flat one the best so I did not further bother with it.
  6. Z

Can you try turning GLM on/off? or trying a VERY sloped target curve? It's very obvious. Maybe GLM4 has some bugs.
  7. Z

maybe, but I already broke some filmsy plastics around the battery compartment so getting a new one can be tricky. now that I get the hang of it, buttons register 9 out 10 times. so it's usable.
  8. Z

UPDATE: the remote does work, but one has to press the button so hard and right in its middle, using fingernails. It's very difficult to use as if it's broken. In addition, the profile switching buttons work with GLM3 (not sure about GLM4, which is too unstable for my taste)...
  9. Z

Which USB/DAC with AES output for active loudspeakers?

Np. The Hosa box seems the only cheap product for this job :)
  10. Z

not sure about "measured" differences unless you count my ears in... maybe the different group settings are too different in my case. the audible difference is so big, of same magnitude as turning GLM on/off.
  11. Z

I think I tried different curves before, and there is an audible difference. Maybe my curve differences are too big?
  12. Z

I just placed an order on frontendaudio (https://www.frontendaudio.com/genelec-9101b-wireless-volume-control/), for $59 + shipping.
  13. Z

Genelec 8330A vs 8030C

overall, an all digital setup takes less space, and gives higher SPL in my case (probably because my DAC does not have enough voltage to feed the analog input); sound wise, maybe it's a bit clearer, not sure.
  14. Z

Genelec 8330A vs 8030C

By turning on/off GLM correction on my 8330s, I think GLM does save you a lot of time and give you peace of mind (so that you will not fuss over room correction for too long). sound quality wise, GLM on/off can be very different. In my case, freq response around 100-200hz had peaks without...
  15. Z

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

thx! yeah I guess the rabbit hole for subwoofer tuning is deep... I just tried another configuration, with the sub under and between my legs. It got a flatter response curve after GLM although Genelec recommends putting the sub near wall in general. Given that my ears enjoy all these settings...
Top Bottom