Recent content by ZolaIII

1. ZolaIII

Why Is My Speaker Imaging Rubbish?

Looking at the Evo 4.4 measurements it seems that they have a large drop in 4 KHz area with horizontal angle of 10~15° which goes away when it's 30°. Either turn them directly towards your listening position or under bigger angle (best use protractor). Try to put the towel under each if it helps...
  2. ZolaIII

A long time without a studio

@Urbanc use rewiev index to search from what's mesured hire and preference score as a key that's how I get to suggest Genelec 8030C and happy hunting.
  3. ZolaIII

A long time without a studio

The NS10 got resurrection sort of with Avantone CLA-10 and CLA-10A (active). They didn't made them actually like NS10M's and are even brighter. Active variant actually got close. Telling you as you obviously liked them. On the other hand that also means all parts are available for restoration of...
  4. ZolaIII

DAC and Amplifier for a boat

You can't control aerosol nor humidity once salt gets in. You got a proposition for pasive outdoor speakers with measurements and hardly you will find better. From there search for professional stage amp capable to last in harsh conditions and a DAC with IP rating if you really want to go with...
  5. ZolaIII

They may be indoors but they will be in high humidity and aerosol conditions. It's less of a problem for speakers (with modern not paper cones) but it's a problem for power amplifiers (pretty much everything with active electronic components). Example of not bad and serious outdoor speakers...
  6. ZolaIII

Meby you should reconsider more serious BT speakers for your case of use. They won't be great but don't have to be bad either and have also convenience of use in your conditions and water and dust prof while staying relatively cheap. Other than that see outdoor, professional stage and such one's.
  7. ZolaIII

When did class D start to not suck?

IC architecture of class D along with small and crowded PCB (with close and not cooled capacitors on it) as it's usually done that made it cheaper is less able to cope with extreme operating conditions. Usually paird with lo impedance speakers and used on high utilisation levels is a real...
  8. ZolaIII

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

Nope it's pretty much other way around. Future more AB (Sunken transistor pairs) class Yamahas aren't really made for lo impedance loads so even RN803 has a 4 Ohm's back switch (which really is more of a gimmick) and dumping factor of 256 or more I wouldn't advise to go with anything that deeps...
  9. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

It doesn't work, don't have time right now to compare it to empty sheet, it must be an syntax error somewhere in it.
  10. ZolaIII

Need Advice on Purchasing New PC

For video editing right now definitely i7 or i9 current gen right now (same goes for lower tier) if you want new one. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-AMD-Ryzen-7000-Series-vs-Intel-Core-12th-Gen-2360/
  11. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

The blank file looks and it has to have all fixed point frequencies. https://pittvandewitt.github.io/Wavelet/Import.html Didn't found Chu in repository I know of (when it whose updated last), only found a git request for it...
  12. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

Point us to the file (Google Disc repository)!
  13. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

@Phorize check the file, it should work if file is valid. Download another one and try. Fix the one that has a broken syntax it's easy enough.
  14. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

Simple not wrapped/formated txt with indication wrapper "GraphicEQ:" with serie of fixed (many) point's graphics EQ points each separated with ";".
  15. ZolaIII

Wavelet question

You get an error message but it should appear in the menu afterwards and all you need is to select it. Don't forget to enable legacy processing chain in settings (bottom left icon) or it won't work with most stuff. Best regards and have fun.
Top Bottom