Recent content by Zog

1. Zog

Best Music for Equipment Reviews and Listening Pleasure

My method is to use quality recordings of strings. Cello, Violin and Piano especially. Timbral accuracy is important to me and strings are the most difficult to reproduce accurately.
  2. Zog

how does one achieve such excellent sound quality on youtube?

My take: Andrew Robinson: Well worth a look Darko: No insight Cheapaudioman: OK but content not for me Hans Beekhuyzen: Ok but no content for me SteveGuttenberg: Has the enthusiasm but needs to improve his shirts - worth a look GR: Self advertising.
  3. Zog

Most cringeworthy Movie Cliche.

Then don't go for a massage in Shanghai
  4. Zog

Windows 11 Help

There are different versions of Monopoly. Yet one company has a ...
  5. Zog

I like my quiet stereo

Nice to hear - or should I say read! Two points - one bad and one good. Some music just has to be played loud - think Le Sacre by Stravinsky for example. The more important point is Subwoofers. I too have neighbour issues and cannot enjoy music if I think I am disturbing someone. But with...
  6. Zog

Magico A3

I've had mine for a few years now. They looked better in the flesh rather than in the photos where they appeared somewhat industrial. My only gripe: bass. The numbers say they go low but in practice they benefit from a sub. I got the REL G2 - NB also a sealed box, also similar cone material...
  7. Zog

Turntables - help me understand the appeal?

A couple of examples. Sibelius Violin Concerto on RCA (Eugene Ormandy, conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra with Dylana Jensen as soloist. This is the premium version of this work in my collection - I have about twenty! Alas the transfer to CD is just dreadful. On the other hand Cold Fact...
  8. Zog

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

If you are looking for timbral accuracy then audition magicos. I will never go back to ported speakers. Not particularly fussy in setup, but they do like a lot of power.
  9. Zog

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I am happy with my kit. But the question was not 'happy' but 'satisfied'. I am afflicted with Audiophilia Nervosa and so, alas, will never be satisfied. I am told there are cures such as an inheritance; but that is a pipe dream as I have no wealthy aunts or uncles who will pop their clogs let...
  10. Zog

I have now seen it alll ... my live is complete.. I can happily leave this mortal coil

I am sure they could fly under their own power to Amir for testing.
  11. Zog

Who would buy a speaker without listening to it?

Your first 'argument' (I use debating terminology), was a Straw Man. Your next 'argument' is an ad hominem. Disappointing. It behooves you to address the issue. Justify your criticism man!
  12. Zog

Oh dear. Yeah that's right, he changed the room so that the dimensions matched mine :facepalm: I already told you the electronics were similar. Why are you asking again?
  13. Zog

We know the room is important, but so what? The point is to reduce the variables. And why would you laugh at him? that seems antisocial.
  14. Zog

My dealer asked about my amp and source and ensured that the demo had as close a match as possible. I bought the speakers (Magico A3) and have not looked back. One of the things that helped is that the speakers looked so much better in the flesh than in the advertising.
  15. Zog

DSD to PCM Conversion

You have obviously mixed up being informative with being insulting. What is wrong with you man?
Top Bottom