Recent content by Zilfallion

1. Zilfallion

ASUS AI Noise-Canceling Mic Adapter Review

Now I want to see this VST tested. https://github.com/werman/noise-suppression-for-voice
  2. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Yeah, I've got my Element plugged into the same port on my Gigabyte B350 board. Never really tried other slots, but never had issues with that one, so I never really tried.
  3. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of JDS Labs EL DAC

Oh, it's fantastic, and they do it free too. I got my Element's knob engraved. And bought an extra knob, engraved with a different image. The extra knob did cost an extra fifteen dollars though.
  4. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

Yeah, best-case stuff is fine. The Magni 3 puts out a fair amount of power at an okay distortion level most of the time. I wasn't paying super close attention the first time they showed an FFT and then CCIF vs Frequency, and I thought to myself: This looks a bit too good. And then I checked...
  5. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

Hmm... nothing too surprising in there. They do seem to like to use 0.7V RMS input on Low gain, and 0.13V RMS input on High Gain for some of their... what to call them. FFT snapshots? and CCIF vs Frequencies tests to show low distortion. If you look on their Distortion vs Level graphs though...
  6. Zilfallion

Audibility thresholds of amp and DAC measurements

And this is part of the reason I'm still happy with my Element even after it just measured okay, and not really looking for an upgrade anytime soon unless I end up needing more features out of my DAC/Amp.
  7. Zilfallion

At what level is noise heard in your system?

I disabled ReplayGain in Foobar for this to set my volume better on some music at a slightly above normal listening level. On a set of HD 6XX. -50dB is moderately audible. -60dB is just barely audible, very very faint. -70dB is completely inaudible to me.
  8. Zilfallion

Hmm, you're right. I confused myself with many of their other products like D50, D10, DX7(Didn't have the hump), DX7S featuring ESS chips. D30 does use Cirrus Logic chip.
  9. Zilfallion

D30 is a better price/performance. Similar enough USB performance. EL DAC is a better over S/PDIF, and doesn't have the ESS IMD Hump(because AKM chip). Aesthetically, I like the EL DAC a lot better than the D30. Both are good DACs.
  10. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Aurender A10 Streamer

Decent point. They have dropped in price a lot over the past 2 years.
  11. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Aurender A10 Streamer

For a $5,500 machine, you think they could have just put 4TB of SSD storage into the thing to avoid any HDD noise
  12. Zilfallion

Study: Headphone Amp Gains: Low or High?

I can answer both of these with the same answer. The Magni runs 2x low-gain, and 7x high-gain. The Atom runs 1x low gain, and 4.5x high-gain.
  13. Zilfallion

Review and Measurements of Audirect Beam and AQ Dragonfly

https://www.stereophile.com/content/audioquest-dragonfly-red-black-usb-da-headphone-amplifiers-measurements I know it's not Amir's measurements, but shows similar distortion levels to the Black(Edit:though a lower 3rd harmonic). I would not expect it to perform significantly better other than...
  14. Zilfallion

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

I have a micro USB wall-charger from an old LG dumbphone I had over a decade ago that just outlasts all my other chargers, even though I use it almost every day. They definitely can last a good number of insertions.
  15. Zilfallion

Popular very low efficiency headphones?

I've got some Etymotic ER20. Used them at a convention a couple months ago. Man was I glad I had them. Especially since some panels and the speakers had the gain way too high and some cables that would blast static if touched or moved outside it's optimal position. They're totally worth...
Top Bottom