Recent content by ziddy76

1. Z

Heavys. A meme or awesomeness?

Yeah... clearly the Heavys are not for you as it seems it has gone over your head who these headphones are meant for and why.
  2. Z

Heavys. A meme or awesomeness?

From Axel Grell. Kickstarter project. Backed it because I must own this meme. He claims can increase the loudness of metal without damaging hearing with two woofer and tweeter per cup.
  3. Z

Do I even need DAC (Xonar DX vs Entry Level DAC)

Nope you don't need a DAC. This isn't 1995 any more. Built DAC and headphone amp from any new phone, laptop or desktop motherboard are good. The need for DAC and AMP is ridiculously exaggerated nowadays. The measurements you see often are often things only machines can well measure, not...
  4. Z

People who use a 10 Band Fixed EQ on their HP's to get their preferred sound, what's your process?

SoundID method is interesting. A series of listening preference based on your preferred genre to create individualized EQ. Not a terrible idea.
  5. Z

Is HD800S worth it over HD600 with 4.5x price difference?

Only you can make that determination. Only you can be satisfied with your decision and purchase or become that Head-Fier who will always need the next big $$$ headphone that comes out every 3 months. Fact Sennheiser now has what 4 iterations of the HD800 just shows how they see audiofools...
  6. Z

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

Anyway... I hope those who were holding out on a closed pair of Ortho and were interested got in on that sale. I would say these are most enjoyable for all genres I listen to for closed so far. For those who buy to listen to music and not listen to $$$, these are worth a listen.
  7. Z

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

X Closed arrived since they are the same, I will pocket the savings. Already sent the RT back. Felt no need to do comparisons since I will believe the man himself who designed and sells these said they are the same. As anti audio science it can get from me, they sound good. I don't notice...
  8. Z

Headphones around the $200 with 'FUN' sound signature.

None of the headphones you got listed in the OP IMO are "fun" headphones. - Fun headphones have something wrong with them. They are not neutral or the greatest travesty to headphone hobby, Harman poop. - I think they got an emphasis as forward mid for that excitement and emphasis on vocals or...
  9. Z

Some Help with First DAC/amp/HP Please

Yeah... and you don't need an amp to power IEM... so /shrug
  10. Z

FYI the Aeon X Closed are on sale at Drop for $399. Probably the easiest way to listen to a Dan Clark headphone.
  11. Z

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

They arrived and only 5 minute listen already made my decision. - I found some music sound good on any headphone, regardless. Atmospheric with simple beats like Enigma or Bella Sonus sound great from any source and headphone/speaker. But where many headphones lack to me is metal. The Elegia...
  12. Z

@RAledr Just keep this in mind, buy what you want, buy what you like. Don't conform to what some person says you're supposed to like. If you love the DT990, more power to you, don't let some Harman crazed dude from this forum dissuade you. Don't let someone tell how you should enjoy your music.
  13. Z

So confused why you are doing all this elaborate stuff when you can just buy a ultrabook laptop for cheap and use that in your media room. As for music source, do you not have a home network? I have foobar setup on my laptop to connect to my external networked drive and my desktop. Also...
  14. Z

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

HD6xx and HD650 at the same time.
  15. Z

New Sennheiser pads measured.

Wrong Dekoni pads, they look identical/almost identical to the older Senn pads. They are sold by Dekoni on Amazon. Picture used by Dekoni I got older styl from Senn's store on Amazon.
Top Bottom