Recent content by ZeDestructor

1. ZeDestructor

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Hence the "seem", cause I have no anecdotes or statistical data. Evidently they're doing well enough for most people, and they measure pretty well now.
  2. ZeDestructor

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Schiit gets the flak they get because dozens of other vendors playing in the same field, using the same shipping and courrier companies don't seem to have those same problems at the same rate as Schiit. And then there's the design-level failures like missing short-circuit protection and the like...
  3. ZeDestructor

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Eeeh - between the integrated PSU, 12V trigger, and neat display; I'd go Topping A90 Discrete these days. 789/887 are still amazing, but QoL is nice to have on something that will stick around on a desk for years.
  4. ZeDestructor

Not necessarily climate, but I reckon environmental factors play a role.
  5. ZeDestructor

The layer of accumulated dust on said 789 suggests otherwise. I mean, we're not talking warehouse of raw lumber, but it's certainly not low-dust either. Maybe the lube in mine is taking longer to dry out thanks to being a more humid environment? (I live on a tropical island vs the drier typical...
  6. ZeDestructor

Interesting that there's people here with scratchy pots. I've had mine for almost 2.5 years now (delivered somewhere around December 2019) and the volume pot on mine is still wonderfully smooth. I feel ya! About the only thing I feel needs improving on the 789 IMO is moving to an internal PSU...
  7. ZeDestructor

Advice for designing a room from scratch

The end goal is to get as much soundproofing as possible within a residential setting. Given the amount of freedom afforded by the fact this is a brand new construction on formerly agricultural land, I am looking into how to best build the basic room (shape, materials) before any acoustic...
  8. ZeDestructor

oooh, this looks like some excellent downtime reading :D
  9. ZeDestructor

Ahh, thanks, that's a lot of help. In terms of walls, the plan is double cinderblock with foam-filled cavity for the outside-facing walls, but no idea about interior walls. For windows, the expectation is that there at least one wall of the room will be an outside-facing wall, so that will...
  10. ZeDestructor

Hi all, So, as the title says, thanks to plans for building a new house from the ground up, I have the opportunity to do basically whatever I want for my main computer/gaming/audio/office room, and would like some advice and reading materials on the subject. Restrictions and properties that...
  11. ZeDestructor

Multichannel DAC lobby!

You don't need a codec in the DAC because you decode in software on the machine. The last time I checked, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA were playable in their full lossless formats upto 7.1ch. Atmos and DTS:X have their 7.1ch lossless core playable, but no object audio (yet... there is a bit of...
  12. ZeDestructor

New IOTAVX 17-Channel Home-Cinema AV Processor

1. They are typically treated as a single channel *because* low sound frequencies are directionless - why "waste" a channel to generate the same signa output another channel is already generating? (note: this is only true for low-frequencies under about 120Hz or so) 2. The Tonewinner AT-300 has...
  13. ZeDestructor

Simple passive splitter should fix that just fine, since LFE are considered directionless
  14. ZeDestructor

This is looking very interesting for my needs, which is (at the moment) 7.1ch from my PC, to eventually go up to Atmos/DTS:X when I upgrade to a lot of small Genelecs. I do wonder how high the latency is, since I do plan on using it with games...
Top Bottom