Recent content by ZC7

1. Z

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Thanks for replying. Mine is the updated version, as it’s tone controls aren’t so ham fisted and the sound doesn’t suck. i’ve no equipment to measure other than my 63 yr old ears, which can’t seem to hear my wife half the time, and then half of what i do hear i apparently don’t listen to...
  2. Z

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Oops. Ordered a used one from an Amazon seller to save a couple bucks — now concerned about getting an older version. Would sending a serial # to Fosi be the way to find out? Any other way? i gave up on previous chip amps when i wanted to update from an early 90s Rotel. Instead i now have an...
  3. Z

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

I use mine in preamp mode with the XLRs out to a VTV NC252MP power amp - which functions flawlessly - for my 2 channel system. In my living situation & near-field I can barely use it at half volume, typically -26 on the M200. Early in the morning and at night I can leave the power amp off, since...
  4. Z

PCM61P DAC chip info requested from a Dennon DCD-660

That would be interesting, to see what measurable differences, & to what degree there may be ... Chances are not significant, since as you say you couldn’t “perceive that it improved anything.” Which i assume means you didn’t perceive it to be worse. It came as something of a surprise to me in...
  5. Z

PCM61P DAC chip info requested from a Dennon DCD-660

I have the Denon DCD-660 (no digital outputs to send it through any of my cheap DACs) & love it (now that i f-*ked it up, see below) with classical, particularly my favorite 1951 Bayreuth “Parsifal.” I did purchase a Schiit Modi 3 based in part on Amir’s positive conclusion on this site. He...
Top Bottom