Recent content by zachary80

1. Z

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Looking forward to using this as my interface and not have to worry myself about the headphone out as long as it is loud enough
  2. Z

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Is this a pro or con for the EHA5? Thinking about picking it up on sale or waiting for STAX SRM-D10 II
  3. Z

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

Since you have both, can you give a more in-depth comparison for the Zero Red? I like how they sound but the fit is a bit annoying.
  4. Z

TOPPING EHA5

Looks like it is on sale down to $339 from $399, is this likely a noticeable upgrade from a Stax SRM-252S? I mostly use a L300 Limited and can't really see myself upgrading from it unless something major changes (like an 007mk2 for half price). I do have to use most of the available power from...
  5. Z

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

How does the STR-AN1000 with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX, $600 on sale, compare to the Onkyo TX-NR7100 with Dirac Live, at $650 on sale, or anything else in the price range? I am looking to replace a TX-NR656 mostly to get better room correction and secondarily to get the latest HDMI...
  6. Z

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

See if you can listen to what used to be the Stax 3100 system - a 252s energizer and L300. The 300 is a little bright and the 252s slightly underpowered with EQ, but the L300 can be improved with L500/L700 pads and a quick blue-tac mod adds back a lot of bass. To me they make excellent...
  7. Z

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Has anyone tried equalizing the Crinacle Zero Red to be the Blue, or vice versa? It seems like it could be a fun version of "Will X sound like Y with the right EQ?". I have both on hand but I'm not skilled at EQ design. I found these two AutoEQ parametrics, which would theoretically bring them...
  8. Z

Audio-technica M20x Headphone Review

At least one of them is wrong
  9. Z

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Is there anything in the same realm that can also use stereo RCA inputs?
  10. Z

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

I wish they would take this performance and add features to rival an RME ADI-2, it has been years and that device is still without direct competition
  11. Z

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

They are worse out of my Samsung S9 than out of my D50/THX789 but I was planning on using them direct out of many devices. With the wider bore tips they do sound a bit better than the narrower ones
  12. Z

Any idea how we could quantify this? I feel like I'm hearing something similar, basically dynamics compression. I've only heard it on some planars before but I have no idea what's going on or if it is just me.
  13. Z

I just received one and it is somewhat bass-heavy for me, even though I do tend to prefer tuning my EQ towards Harman Target. Do any of the tips make this better or worse, or what would be a better option? My other IEM is a Massdrop+.
  14. Z

Aurorus Audio Borealis Headphone Review

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but would it be possible to at least spot measure some of these headphones once EQ is applied? I definitely have seen different results for different headphones but its hard to say if that is true across dynamic/planar/estat
Top Bottom