Recent content by yavormoskov

1. yavormoskov

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

I used to own the old Atom. Now I have the JDS Atom 2 and it is a meaningful upgrade. The sound is just really excellent and the built quality is higher compared to the old one. I am sure you would love the new iteration.
  2. yavormoskov

I paired my JDS labs Atom amp 2 with a different DAC. I am surprised the sound tonality changed greatly compared to the combo DAC/unit. Given that the amp 2 should be completely transparent I suspect the RCA cables should be to blame here. I have to play around I suspect.
  3. yavormoskov

May I ask what kind of hardware issues? And also, it is great the customer service is supportive. In my understanding CS is part of the cost or should be part of the cost of the product.
  4. yavormoskov

Just ordered this little amplifier. I followed back and forth between the Topping camp and JDS labs camp. I did own the first Atom and liked the sound of it a little more than than my very expensive Burson. I also owned the original Topping L30 and Topping A50s. The Atom performed admirably but...
  5. yavormoskov

That's not entirely correct. If you order it from shenzhenaudio you will get free shipping to many countries, including USA, and no sales tax (VAT) added. The JDS labs will add sales tax plus close to $14 for shipping. The total amount for the Atom 2 amp is more than what you are going to pay...
  6. yavormoskov

Integrated/power amp recommendations for Polk Audio LSIM703 - AB or D?

Tone controls are very limiting. The Equalizer APO software is much superior. You can tweak the sound to great lengths compared to tone controls. Even the good ones like Shiit audio tone control are limited.
  7. yavormoskov

Actually my neighbor did it. He set a volume value on the DAC and compared it with a dB from my speakers using some kind of precision microphone connected to his laptop. It looked fairly complicated. To make sure that every test track is on the same volume level. We used hdtracks 2020 hi-rez...
  8. yavormoskov

I just tested the Marantz against two other amplifiers in the same room - SMSL AO200 and Emotiva Basx A-300. The SMSL provided more exciting and dynamic sound and the Emotiva was fuller and more balanced. But both transformed my speakers to a whole new level and blew away the Marantz PM8006. I...
  9. yavormoskov

XTZ A2-400 - ICEpower ICEedge Class D new power amp

I wanted to ask you about this amp. Are you still using it? Any issues with it?
  10. yavormoskov

You are correct, they are Class AB, not A. Regarding the sound my neighbor brought home one day Boxem amplifier which is Purifi based with added custom Sparkos labs input board from Nord which really gave me the impactful sound I am talking about but the amplifier itself and the modifications...
  11. yavormoskov

Hi. The LSIM703s are fairly inefficient - 88 dB. They really need a lot of current. I used Marantz PM8006 but did not like the warm and well-mannered sound coming from the Marantz. I like forward, slightly bright dynamic sound that hits you in the face. The amplifier is going to be connected to...
  12. yavormoskov

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

I have 2 questions. When you change between headphones and xlr outputs does it remember the volume level of the the other output? And second, is it good enough to drive my Hifiman Edition XS headphones well? Thank you.
  13. yavormoskov

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Not at all. All is good with my combo.
Top Bottom