Recent content by yabadaba

1. Y

DAC to connect Sony TV to JBL 305P Mk2

Hi, thanks. I'm familiar with the kind of setting you refer to, but can't see that in the audio or audio output menus on this TV.
  2. Y

DAC to connect Sony TV to JBL 305P Mk2

Hi, my son gave me a pair of JBL 305P MK2's and I want to use them with my Sony X95J TV until I get a proper home theatre system. I've tried connecting via optical to a Schiit DAC I already have that has XLR outputs and it works BUT the only way I can control volume is via the speakers...
  3. Y

Topping E30 DAC Review

Got a Bifrost 2 a few days ago and have been comparing this with my E30 (using DT 990 Pro 250ohm headphones and Asgard 3 amp). I was expecting to hear difference between these two DACs because the technology is different and I know that most multibit DACs measure different to delta sigma...
  4. Y

Topping D10 vs D70 music presentation

Okay, have now done a blind test and I found that I did not feel as confident in differentiating between the two DACs as I had anticipated, which I feel was at least partly due to my son taking quite a while to switch the cables (or pretend to but not) and kick off the track again. Not exactly...
  5. Y

I have a Yamaha subwoofer (not in use in the system I'm using with these DACs) and this is indeed the difference I have noted when toggling its phase switch back and forth. I don't believe Volumio has an easy way (though possibly via editing some of the code) to switch phase/polarity, but I...
  6. Y

Okay, they sound the same or very close with the amp volume at the same setting and if anything I perceive the D10 as slightly louder, so I'd be surprised if I have the later version. Think I got mine about a year ago. Interesting about the firmware, let me check if user upgradeable and, if so...
  7. Y

Yes, I'm someone who leans strongly towards science and this forum has been a fresh of breath air for me and has reigned in some of the rubbish that get's spouted elsewhere. I know there will be a scientific/measurable explanation for the differences we are hearing, but possibly that is not...
  8. Y

Okay, thanks...I'm glad you found and quoted the output levels.....and that explains why I was finding that leaving the amp volume control exactly the same for each was giving me the closest match. With the specific track I'm using to compare though , it does make the D10 'feel' louder (I...
  9. Y

Yes, he's 'booked in' for today to do this and I'll report back later.
  10. Y

Both have been connected to a Raspberry Pi 4, running Volumio. Not sure what protocol that uses behind the scenes but I'm assuming it's a constant, regardless.
  11. Y

Yes, I've experimented with these but can't identify a clear difference between them so have left on the default - filter 3.
  12. Y

Hi, no I haven't, but that would be interesting to try....though would first need to figure out how/the best way to do this.
  13. Y

Well, yes I agree in the main, but in this example I actually like aspects of both presentations....and I also enjoy making comparisons and learning about how these audible differences come about. I've always loved comparing things...audio, video, automotive, whatever!
  14. Y

Yes. The only change I am making is to switch DAC and then tweak volume level. With my amp at the same setting the D10 sounds a tad louder, but that might just be certain frequencies that I already suspect are emphasized (in comparison to the D70). Raising the volume when the D70 is connected...
  15. Y

Hi, yes volume matched as best I can by ear...in fact I've tried tweaking volume levels back and forth around the point where I feel they are matched and even when I feel weighted one way or the other (or the same) this does not override the clear presentation difference i am hearing. I will...
Top Bottom