Recent content by Xombul

1. Xombul

Qobuz - How to report defective/deficient tracks?

Hello, why Qobuz don't provide an API to freeware developers ( don't tell me it is for security reason...). You could increase your potential customers portfolio, me included.
  2. Xombul

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

Is it the same amplifier board? https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/amplificateurs-de-puissance/audiophonics-ap300-s2503e-p-18567.html
  3. Xombul

Adding a streamer to my current setup.

A raspberry 4 + Argon case + MoOde or Roopiee and a topping d10 DAC (if you are not happy with your current DAC) is a cheap and good solution (one third of your budget). In addition you can do room correction with the raspberry. Wiim is also advisable but you will be probably tempted to add a...
  4. Xombul

Passive speakers with Topping PA5

It's a good choice. I own the mpa-250 and I am very happy with it.
  5. Xombul

It depends on the size of your room and your budget. I believe a sub can be helpful with dbr62. Regarding the Lintons, the bass level is enough to "pressurize" a small or a medium room. As a reminder, if we put aside the organ, the lowest frequently for an instrument is around 35Hz.
  6. Xombul

Elac DBR62 or Warfedhale Linton
  7. Xombul

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

After having tried, Rune, Volumio, piCore, I am currently a Moode 8.2 user and I am very happy with it: MoOde is very stable (it was my main concern with Volumio) and using CamillaDSP is very easy. What is really missing in MoOde is the Chromecast protocol even if you can use BubbleUPnP for...
  8. Xombul

Full range floorstanders ~$1500 budget

I agree. The Wharfedale Linton are really excellent and very neutral. They sound good out of the box even without EQ. For sure they are too big to be considered as bookshelf loudspeakers!
  9. Xombul

What IEMs do you own?

Truthear zero x Crinacle. My first and end-game iem. Cheap, comfortable, amazing sound, what else?
  10. Xombul

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

It was a short cut for sure I have a dongle... Many thanks for the advice!
  11. Xombul

Who would buy a speaker without listening to it?

Me Listening loudspeakers before buying them is just a waste of time and energy as they always interfere with the listening room (for better or worse). I believe it is easier to select them according to some criteria like objective measurement/budget/look etc. Then you can EQ your brand new...
  12. Xombul

Any advice for a balanced cable for these iem? I would like to get more headroom when I use them with a smartphone.
  13. Xombul

These littles things sound amazing. My best buy so far!
Top Bottom