Recent content by xineis

1. xineis

Review and Measurements of Audeze Deckard DAC and Amp

To be perfectly honest, I think it was a very worthy and needed upgrade from my Micca. I am not able to hear distortion with it, compared to a friend's O2+SDAC. I am quite happy with it. Oh, and it is so powerful that even my ZMF can only be driven on medium gain. The impression I have is that...
  2. xineis

Review and Measurements of Audeze Deckard DAC and Amp

Hi @Masterxyr , I have a Deckard, in fact this very reviewed unit here. I really like it so far, but I upgraded from a simple Micca Origen+. However, bear in mind that for US$ 200,00 you can get the Atom + Khadas Tone Board that is (and probably will be for a long time) unbeatable in terms of...
  3. xineis

Audio from USB back-pannel "clicking/popping"

It is a different hub, yes. I just didn't expect the capacity to run out, even more since I unplugged pretty all but the keyboard and mouse, and since there are a couple of USB ports unused. I will try a different cable tomorrow and see if it solves anything! Maybe USB cables do make a...
  4. xineis

Audio from USB back-pannel "clicking/popping"

Dear ASR colleagues, I just received an Audeze Deckard that I bought from another user here. I also have a Micca Origen+ at my desktop setup. Both are USB DACs which I use, not at the same time. Yesterday I tested the Deckard at my friend's laptop and it was great, loads of power. Today when I...
  5. xineis

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

I have one as well. There is no need for the drivers anymore, so good news!
  6. xineis

Recomendation for desktop DAC/Amp [IEM and full-sized Headphones]

The iFi Micro iDSD already has the IEMatch function, so it should not give you a hard time using the volume knob. But hey, if you have the money, don't let me stop you! The ADI 2 DAC does measure better.
  7. xineis

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Same price as on Amazon, though: https://www.amazon.com/Decoder-SMSL-2ES9038Q2M-768kHz-Balance-x/dp/B07DQDNF6S
  8. xineis

Review and Measurements of Apogee Groove DAC and Amp

That's like amp²! But from some reports online, it does work with mobiles. Which is a great feature nowadays that phones don't come with (decent) headphone jacks anymore. If only the output impedance was lower...
  9. xineis

Review and Measurements of Apogee Groove DAC and Amp

I have a portable unit for work. Although I could leave a desktop unit there, like the DX3Pro, I prefer to bring it home with me.
  10. xineis

Desktop DAC/AMP Recommendation

Actually, I get you. It is not feasible to adjust the volume on each speaker (volume control is on the back) and having a switch could actually saving you from potential disaster, i.e., putting the amp in high gain and turning the volume knob up, while the speakers are powered could possibly...
  11. xineis

Desktop DAC/AMP Recommendation

One device that I know that does that is the Micca Origen(+/G2), which in turn has measured pretty much worse than anything else. The design is great though...
  12. xineis

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Portable Amp and DAC with THX

I was just going to post this. The wait is over, the game is on!
  13. xineis

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Thanks for the nice explanation! Another problem that I have run into since I bought my IEM was that I usually cannot get the volume knob past 11~12 o'clock at low gain. Of course, I could remedy that with something like the IEMatch.
  14. xineis

That is probably the USPS rate. I would pay US$ 35.64, for instance.
  15. xineis

Dude, shipping and taxes are so high where I live that I end up paying double for anything I buy from either US or EU...
Top Bottom