Recent content by xeizo

1. X

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

It's impossible to know without trying and knowing what you are listening to, but 1990 Pro sounds light and bright by default, that is it's sound. It is monitoring cans made to highlight things. Based on that A70 Pro probably sounds more correct. Based on synergy and personal preference light...
  2. X

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

No, there is no need for a mixer in D-6 since it's a single source/pb-device, if you're super serious about SQ you should install the drivers which enables ASIO which means you can bypass Windows software mixer if you use a ASIO aware playback programs(like Foobar2000 with ASIO plugin)
  3. X

Would I get better sound quality using a dedicated DAC?

Same as Audio-Technica Bluetooth, the DSP has a built in direct digital amp for the membranes. No DAC needed, at all! Since this solution is quite far from "audiophile" I wouldn't waste any money on an expensive DAC as no-one knows the quality of the built in ADC in the M20. If the set has...
  4. X

"Full Size" DACs?

MiniDSP have full sized units, and full featured with DIRAC and such
  5. X

DAC blind tests? EVER?

People really wanting better sound should spend more time learning about acoustic science and DSP room correction
  6. X

Sennheiser HD 660S2

S2 is not V-shaped compared to NDH-30 as NDH-30 has a more powerful bass that digs deeper, but the S2 is a tad more pronounced in the upper registers but which probably has more to do with the NDH-30 having a much more forward voice register midrange. It's super easy to follow singing work on...
  7. X

Saving you a lot of money

Maybe he could have expressed it better, but when you read the whole text you can see that he fully understands room acoustics so yes he could have been a better writer
  8. X

Saving you a lot of money

No you didn't read it all he mentions a perfect point source and how it gets trashed in a normal room, because of room acoustics of course
  9. X

Sennheiser HD 660S2

I have the S2, and HD600 and HD560S and NDH-30 and DT900 ProX and DT1990 and HE400SE and a lot more of cans, I wouldn't say the S2 is disappointing but you wont be immediately impressed as it's very neutral however it grows with longer listening sessions and at least myself do not get fatigue...
  10. X

Making the big move - Which of these bad boys; Holo Audio, Weiss, Lampizator

A DAC is not a sound effect, it is meant to be neutral. like a wire. If someone is trying to color final SQ by choice of DAC a lot of things are done wrong.
  11. X

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

My car has E-sim and WiFi, no problems with car audio I use Tidal as usual and it sounds great
  12. X

Looking for DAC with "no smooth" sound signature

Hmm, OP was probably a Troll BUT if he was just a regular Joe with little knowledge in audio he sure got burnt. Worth contemplating. If he was so sure he heard differences between his DACs it could be so simple as they where not volume matched and that does indeed sound different as a...
  13. X

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Frustrating that all tested devices are so good that SQ do not need any comments? It should be considered great the lemons are gone. Features on the other hand vary.
  14. X

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Wrong forum to read about "sound quality", both this device and your E70 measures perfect therefore they sound exactly the same.
  15. X

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Totally unscientific I just flipped through the colors/filters and picked the ones I liked the most. It happened to be SC2 / FL6 , but I wont be able to defend that in a debate.
Top Bottom