Recent content by Wyllio

1. Wyllio

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

But then you would have to factor in spending $40-50 for new pads if the used ones are flat.
  2. Wyllio

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

It's a two-part issue. One being motherboard manufacturers are not isolating the USB controller on the PCB so it picks up the noise and it gets mixed in the power output. Similar to how when motherboard vendors first started including onboard audio and the DAC was not isolated from all...
  3. Wyllio

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I used to have the same issue with the static noise floor. Basically, I pinpointed the issue to the dirty electrical noise of my PC components leaking through the USB power. Whenever my GPU or hard drive was used intensively I could hear the electrical whining and clicking noises those parts...
  4. Wyllio

Review and Measurements of PS Audio Sprout100

The new NAD D 3045 also falls in the same category, but at $100 more than the Sprout100. Based on previous reviews, I would assume that the amplifier section measures better than the Sprout. However, their DAC section in the compacted product line isn't great for what you pay for. NAD doesn't...
  5. Wyllio

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I've always had the same issue with dirty power from my X299 motherboard USB controller that leaked electrical noise from the CPU, GPU, and keyboard/mouse during input into my DACs. Some of the DACs that don't require USB power for some reason don't implement USB power cut off to eliminate the...
  6. Wyllio

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Any plans on reviewing the PS Audio Sprout100? If no one has sent one out for loan, then I would happily send mine in near the end of January.
Top Bottom