Recent content by wus

1. W

Why is your equipment on the floor?

@beeppeep61: interesting - did you describe it somewhere? Or do you have a link, where you got the idea(s) for it?
  2. W

Very nice setup, but clearly one of an audiophile, not a movie fan - otherwise you'd also have an adequately sized TV or screen :cool:
  3. W

Wasn't it the other way round - you placed the monobloc amps behind the speakers because you wanted speaker cables to be as short - and, thus, as low resistance - as possible, which dictated long interconnects, which needed to be of the balanced type to avoid interference induced on it...
  4. W

There are 2 reasons - and types of audiophiles - that I see: The first doesn't have a lot of money, so he needs long time to save every penny possible until he can finally afford that expensive equipment, that he then needs to show off immediately so everybody envies him. He can't afford...
  5. W

Crown XLS1002 Pro Amplifier Review

How much, in numbers, is "very very little"?
  6. W

According to the feature list on the website, it should have one... however, searching the manual left some doubts: it only mentions "Display Sleep".
  7. W

In search of information about DSP functionality of DSP amplifiers I came here after selecting Speaker Amp (DSP) from the Review index. But there is not much about the DSP in here, except the one or other mention that there is one. I searched crownaudio.com for more information about it, but...
  8. W

Weird Cars Thread

In any case it perfectly fits this thread - extremely weird design. I'd call it ugly, but of course that's a matter of taste.
  9. W

Looking for cheap active speakers with user programmable DSP

The Rokit 5 does it - almost :eek: GEQ indeed won't do what I want Unfortunately it is also a bit too tall to fit into my kitchen shelf @Ultrasonic - I will make several measurements at my typical listening positions in the kitchen, probably will also try a couple slightly different speaker...
  10. W

Looking for cheap active speakers with user programmable DSP

I like to hear music while cooking. I have a Yamaha Pianocraft receiver in the kitchen. With the small (passive) speakers placed in the room corners, I could help their weak bass reproduction a bit. Until a while ago, I was satisfied with the sound that they create. However, "a while ago" I...
  11. W

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

Hello Amir, did you make a listening test with this amp? Can you hear any of the PS noise?
Top Bottom