Recent content by woofersus

1. W

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

I'd like to display the clock when I'm not using it and I've selected that as the screensaver, but it doesn't keep displying for very long and goes into standby. Does anybody know if there is a way to keep it out of standby and just display the clock perpetually?
  2. W

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

I know the all the constant ads for refurbished Denon AVR's that the algorithm shows me don't give me confidence, lol. I need to upgrade my 15yr old Yamaha but having trouble pulling the trigger on anything.
  3. W

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Certainly possible. I think a fair amount of John Mayer's recordings sound at least okay, but I didn't source it from my own collection with knowledge of what version or anything like that. It was really my first experience with something close to the Harman curve so I was partially just...
  4. W

I also had that thought after the fact when I realized there were Hifiman models with the "stealth" designation and looked up pictures to make sure. They were definitely the DCA's. Admittedly it wasn't a full or extended audition with lots of different types of music, though. If I had more...
  5. W

Nah, just brain-farted on the price. I'm not sure what I was remembering $1500 from.
  6. W

New Magico TITAN subwoofer

It's like a 250lb aluminum enclosure, lol. Magico's overkill-does-not-exist approach to engineering is fun, but also silly. Remember, for best in-room response you're going to want multiples. :p
  7. W

I'd love to if I get a chance. I'll certainly report back if I do.
  8. W

Yeah, I'm familiar with their research. I was speaking more in terms of the measurement against it which sort of establishes it as a target, at least for Amir's review purposes. In any case, I haven't listened to enough headphones to have a good frame of reference for how these measurements...
  9. W

I had a chance to try these out at Pacific Audio Fest on a Qobuz demo. The song was something by John Mayer. (I don't remember exactly which, but I was familiar with it) I know he has a bit of a nasally voice which may have exaggerated things a little, but during the intro with the guitar I was...
  10. W

Pacific Audio Fest 2023

Hey all, I'll be there with Angel City Audio in Cascade 13 if you want to say hello. We have an Eversolo DMP-A6 in service for those who want to check that out. We haven't gotten our shipment in yet but we should have all Zidoo/Eversolo products to sell soon theoretically.
  11. W

Munich Hi-End

A few actually do just have a display room with stuff on the walls sometimes. I've seen that a few times at the bigger shows. But again, that's the big companies with name recognition and money to burn. You have to display them somewhere and not just pull them around behind you in a suitcase...
  12. W

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook 8th Edition

May be time to update. I'm not even sure what version mine is.
  13. W

Munich Hi-End

Having done a bunch of audio shows from the other side of things, I can say that, while maybe a company like Magico can pick anyone they want, these pairings are frequently a product of financial contributions to the cost of the show. We've shared a room with fancy cable brands a bunch of...
  14. W

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I'm surprised at your experience with them. They're rated at 45hz anechoic, but 29hz in half space. Admittedly I've never heard them in my own home but I've heard them a half dozen times and never felt cheated on the low end. Of course that wasn't music with ultra-low bass in it like pipe...
  15. W

The right semi pro subwoofer cabel with dual jack and single rca

The Behringer monitor controller has a mono out that it looks like you can use simultaneously with the stereo outs. Seems like you don't need summing. Am I reading it wrong? Edit: NM, I'm looking at the Monitor2USB and you have the Control2USB. I assumed because of the XLR outputs.
Top Bottom