Recent content by WoodyLuvr

1. WoodyLuvr

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

With all due respect, you need to stay out of this one John or you may run the risk of tarnishing a rather stand-up reputation. You are not a moderator nor even a fellow forum member at this moment as in this particular case you would be regarded by many as being the manufacturer with having...
  2. WoodyLuvr

New Sabaj a10h a Worthy Topping L30 Competitor?

What is currently the best measuring and smallest sized head amp (no DAC) with resistor volume control? The SMSL SH-9 perhaps?
  3. WoodyLuvr

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

@DanTheMan In German "N o ." means send him your contact number and address so he can send the gift.
  4. WoodyLuvr

Topping EX5

Holy cow! That was quick. Thank you good sir; most appreciated!
  5. WoodyLuvr

Topping EX5

Is it rumored that it will test very well?
  6. WoodyLuvr

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

Concur; I too was unable to hear a difference. The Pro version of the Meizu when "tricked" was ever so slightly louder than the iBasso DC03. A real shame it is no longer available as it measured extremely well and in a amazingly low-profile package.
  7. WoodyLuvr

:facepalm: A taste of your own medicine young man. You made it too easy tbh. ;)
  8. WoodyLuvr

Yes, it may be listed by Meizu as having only ~1.75Vrms output (as determined by auto-impedance detection) with a thrust of 30mW @ 32Ω (6.7mW @ 600Ω) however, it has been measured to be much, much higher @ 87mW @ 33Ω (...
  9. WoodyLuvr

The Meizu HiFi Pro is very well regarded over here in Asia and typically was/is preferred over the iBasso but I chalk that up to being simply personal preference in most cases, as well as due to the cleaner testing measurements and power output of the Meizu HiFi Pro version when "tricked" and...
  10. WoodyLuvr

They are receiving praise on a number of Korean and Chinese mobile audiophile forums and blogs but I have yet to listen to one myself but will shortly. Many have likened it to the Meizu HiFi Pro and rate it above the iBasso DC03. Sadly the DAC chip being used remains a mystery which may or may...
  11. WoodyLuvr

And another curiosity by Clot Audio is their dongle series. CPHI PRO / CPHI / CPHI (IOS) Sized just between the iBasso DC04 and the Meizu Hi-Fi Pro the full-wood body/shell CPHI Pro conveniently offers two (2) ports: 2.5TRRS Balanced and 3.5SE Unbalanced. Unfortunately, the DAC chip used...
  12. WoodyLuvr

Something curious has quietly dropped into AliExpress recently... it appears to be a rebranded Clot Audio CPONE. HAC 2 / HAC 3 Portable HiFi DAC Headphone Amplifier HAC 2 - this two-port version (3.5SE Unbalanced + 4.4TRRS Balanced) appears to be a rebranded/recased CPONE / CPONE S (Clot...
  13. WoodyLuvr

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Gotcha! Thank you for the clarification. I just realized that HPToy can be downloaded and used on my PC. So no need for the Android app on my phone now.
  14. WoodyLuvr

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

So to be clear, when connected to my desktop PC, I can fully control PDv2.1's volume via WIN10 and/or Foobar correct?
  15. WoodyLuvr

ddHiFi TC44B Review (Headphone Adapter)

Yes, it looks that way. Every calculation I make brings it in just a little under 2Vrms... 120mW @ 32Ω = 1.96 vRMS... which leads me to believe that it can only output ~13mW @ 300Ω and~6.5mW @ 600Ω (so very close to as Amir tested)
Top Bottom