Recent content by Woody Stool

1. W

Topping DX3 Pro+

Thank you, ordered from Apos, I'll see how it goes and report back if the experience was bad.
  2. W

Topping DX3 Pro+

Anyone know where these are available in the USA?
  3. W

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Two questions: - Does this have a remote? The original DX3Pro did. - Where can I buy one in the USA with some confidence in case it fails? My original DX3Pro had the failure that the original model became somewhat known for.
  4. W

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Audioquest selling an "audiophile" product made of 100% snake oil? Who would have thought that of these fine folks? /s
  5. W

The Truth Pre Amp Review

Unless I am mistaken, the first photo with the lid off shows 1 side of the 120AC line going somewhere, and the other side going to the chassis ground, interrupted by a switch. This is what the world used to call a "hot chassis" TV set from the 60s and 70s, and there's a reason why these are no...
  6. W

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the modern accepted definition of a "streamer" is these days? I'm a little lost here and thanks.
  7. W

Hifiman HE400i Review (planar headphone)

How is Amir applying EQ to these headphones? Can someone kindly explain what gear is used to do this?
  8. W

Amir's test tracks - is there a list?

Hold On My Heart really has a nice laid-back vibe, with some healthy lower octaves. Good choice.
  9. W

Interesting. I was thinking you were using either "Dance On a Volcano" or "Squonk" from "Trick of the Tail" as an exercise in bass response.
  10. W

I think you made reference to a Genesis track in one of your reviews, and I'm very curious which one that might be. Big fan of theirs from back in the day, saw them live quite a few times and their light show never disappointed. Those bass pedals didn't disappoint either.
  11. W

Is there a list somewhere of Amir's audio test tracks? I'm speaking of music tracks and not test signals/tones. Enquiring minds want to know, and thanks.
  12. W

Rega Fono MM MK3 Phono Preamp Review

From the review: "Both are far better than anything the LP as a format can produce." Can someone tell me what the LP format can do if terms of S/N, dynamic range, frequency response, etc? I don't think I've ever seen the performance limits of the LP format summarized anywhere.
  13. W

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

Simple but sincere question - who the hell buys these things? What is the target market?
  14. W

Sehlin Helium DIY Speaker Review

How good could something that small really be? If the job for the day is to move air something that small is going to have a hard time. Side question: is there anything this small-ish that is considered a good sounding speaker? NHT Super Zero maybe?
  15. W

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thanks to everyone who confirmed this box works fine with Linux. Now - where to buy one of these in the USA? I'm pretty wary of buying consumer electronic equipment on Amazon given their problems with co-mingling inventory from different sellers. Is there a good, reliable, and trustworthy...
Top Bottom