Recent content by WondrousHippo

1. W

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Latency on the USB and SPDIF inputs is what I feared. These DAPS that offer DAC mode I think are routing audio through their system which is causing the delay, as opposed to having the DAC process it directly, essentially. That's my non-technical explanation, but I've used 3 DAPs as USB DACs...
  2. W

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

I bought this one without measurements a while back since it had all the features I needed. I haven't had any usability complaints with it other than the IR receiver window needs to be bigger, I guess.
  3. W

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Oh yeah, I’ve definitely checked out Timewave Zero…need to fire up the Blu-ray version I bought, lol. No synths, but the new Horrendous album is shaping up to be a monster.
  4. W

With so many sources available now, does anyone make a multi-source auto-switcher?

Yeah, I've been using this for a few years and can recommend it, though unfortunately some sources don't turn off their spdif signals properly.
  5. W

TOPPING DX9!

Ah I was hoping one set was inputs and one was outputs, but I dig having separate pre and line outs.
  6. W

TOPPING DX9!

Any photos of the rear? Curious to see all the inputs/outputs.
  7. W

I bought the album on Bandcamp Friday, and REALLY enjoyed it. New Krallice is out too…hope you like synths!
  8. W

TOPPING DX9!

SMSL’s UAC1 support actually working with the Switch and PS5 is iffy from device to device!
  9. W

TOPPING DX9!

Personally, I’d much rather have more SPDIF inputs — USB support on non-PC devices seems incredibly spotty, at least with game consoles. Anyway does this thing have analog inputs???
  10. W

Yeah that’s a great one. I really did like Heimdal by Enslaved, I’m a big fan of their E/Utgard/Heimdal run.
  11. W

We need new Slugdge and soon. Anyway, here's an early premiere of the debut EP from Lunar Chamber, perfect for you prog death metal weirdos out there. Mixed/mastered by Colin Marston, enjoy those jangly bass tones:
  12. W

New Fiio KA5

UAC1 mode for Switch, love to see it. Hope to see this on Amir's test bench soon, Fiio products can be hit or miss in getting the kind of SINAD we know is possible from the form factors they release in.
  13. W

Truthear HOLA

Someone recommended these tips to me for the Truthear Zero, and they're a perfect fit on the honking big Moondrop nozzles too. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7D8PYKF
  14. W

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Got a raise at work and my birthday coming up, so I treated myself to the Aeon RT Closed, and gotta say...absolutely love 'em. Clean and detailed, love feeling that sub-bass rumble that's present but not overbearing. Using them with the stock pad, I think the treble has a different tonality than...
  15. W

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

My C200 has been especially acting up lately, sometimes just deciding it doesn't want to lock on to the SPDIF signal until I turn it off and on again. The sound quality is great, but like a lot of this equipment, the usability is annoying.
Top Bottom