Recent content by Wolven

1. W

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Don't worry about it, they both transmit the same way. D6 has AKM chip, C200 has ESS chip and better specs. Also C200 has a headphone amp. Balance TRS output of these DACs goes to balanced XLR or TRS input on the amp and/or powered speaker. RCA output goes to RCA input. Balanced is better on...
  2. W

Apparently Filter 3 is perfect. I like 6 for some reason.
  3. W

Does not look like it with SMSL C200 my Topping does have auto. I keep forgetting to turn it off.
  4. W

I had it at 99, but read something of it being better to decrease that by 6db. Of course I thought I was adjusting volume not pre-amp voltage. I think it sounds better at 93, not blind tested.
  5. W

I see, so the two are separate. At what value do you normally put the pre-amp output voltage, 1-99? On my topping dx3pro I always had it in pure DAC mode, no voltage adjustment.
  6. W

They had it on aliexpress for $197 but price is back up again.
  7. W

Yes, I have it on that setting. But the volume still operates. Am I doing it wrong?
  8. W

Yes to USB, 352Khz, didn't try more. The optical cannot go that high.
  9. W

I cannot tell you if I installed it when I installed the driver from SMSL website. It is possible it was already on my system. I get high resolution.
  10. W

It appears that this C200, doesn't have DAC only mode, unless I'm missing something, too bad. So, when connecting speakers the volume is controlled with DAC. I just set the volume to max 99 -6db, so 93, and control volume with Foobar.
  11. W

SMSL - XMOS driver problem

Perhaps someone here have encounter this problem and has a solution. I have contacted SMSL in regards XMOS driver and I'm waiting for answer. Driver for SMSL C200 DAC is: XMOS_USBAudio_v5.40.0_2022-06-15_setup.exe I'm running Windows 10 and Foobar 1.6.12 which is the newest. When using ASIO...
  12. W

Another problem with the SMSL drivers in Foobar. Topping did not have these issues. When using ASIO: USB DAC ASIO or Default: Speakers (SMSL USB DAC) (exclusive) Higher resolution songs than 44.1, 24 bit. If you click on a song the song starts but either pauses for ms or the cursor on waveform...
  13. W

I got the C200 hooked up for now to my speakers via RCA. When turning music on there is slight 'tick' sound, and when turning off 2 seconds after another 'tick. This is annoying as hell. My Dx3pro didn't do that. Also when turning music off the display with flicker from rate to 3 dashed lines...
  14. W

Anyone with C200, can you tell me if yours wakes up automatically when the computer is turned on? Answer: Apparently SMSL DACS don't have this feature. Topping DACS do.
Top Bottom