Recent content by Wolf

1. Wolf

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

I'd estimate a footprint of roughly 10"x15".
  2. Wolf

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

$800 is a great price for something like this completed so a profit can be made. As to the cost being 'worth it', it is! Going from driver retail costs... 100 + 100 + 35 + 35 + 35 + 35 + 38 + 38 = 416 The cabinets are prefinished, but supposedly cheaper than the precut knockdown cabs would have...
  3. Wolf

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Already done, if you DIY.... my Bottleships (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/bottleships-the-smallest-diy-3-ways-ive-built-or-seen.392609/) are a 3.5ltr 3way. I am planning a small 3way of same style with the E150HE44 as well. These will be about 0.35ft^3 gross. There are quite a...
  4. Wolf

That video uses a panoramic lens to get the whole shot in one frame. That is why the bottom and top of the 888 skew towards the extreme corners of the room. They really are not skewed like that, nor are they very deep at all.
  5. Wolf

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

Nobody has yet mentioned the Stero Integrity 24" sub and new towers yet? The sub is still a monster, the towers? Unknown because the sub drowned them out. I have not collected my thoughts yet, but will post more later...
  6. Wolf

Let's say it is more of a dual-gap scenario. Underhung has a long single gap, where these have 2. I talked with him Saturday. The magnets are charged, and then fit to the frames with opposing fields by a machine and then anchored into place. The coil ends are in gaps, whereas the middle is not...
  7. Wolf

....and they were awesome too!
  8. Wolf

It really does take all day, and maybe a hair more to catch all of the exhibits. Last year, I missed some that I intended to see. Te programs usually list the vendor, as opposed to what is in the rooms. It can be hard to hear what you want to with that as a reference. I usually just start and go...
  9. Wolf

Companies that produce midrange ribbon drivers?

I knew I was forgetting one... There is another I don't know the name of, so another. They have golden looks.
  10. Wolf

I will have my heather-blue Compact Disc shirt on, that is for sure. Feel free to introduce yourself. I plan to roll in about 9am, and likely hit up Madisound and CSS in short order. For lunch, the group of DIYers I'll be with usually hit the in-house cafe. Shameless plug! Don't forget...
  11. Wolf

Companies that produce midrange ribbon drivers?

Raven, or whatever they are called now had some longer units that could suffice. $$$$ The old SA stuff was really held highly by those with them. ATC, not the studio monitor company, made some 2' long unit planars. BG Neo8 or Neo10 or the GRS clones are options. Finding some Monsoon units could...
  12. Wolf

All-including kit for DIY bookshelf speakers?

I agree the Micro C is a great little project.
  13. Wolf

Have 4 drivers with 0.97 Qts. What should I make with it?

Sealed and stuffed or aperiodic.
  14. Wolf

Since you are in South Bend, you are not far from InDIYana event in Ft Wayne 2 weeks after. Hope you can attend...
  15. Wolf

New SB Gema DIY 3-way speaker design

Typically, it compensates the self resonance of the woofer when values are that large. In the bass response range when using low DCR coils in series, a high magnitude woofer resonance can react with the lowpass coil and produce a considerable peak in response around resonance. This is one of 4...
Top Bottom