Recent content by WLVCA

1. WLVCA

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

I followed Emotiva going all the way back to 2007. Purchased quite a bit of their gear way back when. I never purchased a home theater processor from them although I went so far as to buy one of their 40% off (as I recall) discount cards at one point. Finally sold that card a few years ago...
  2. WLVCA

Donald Fagen Interview

Great article. Always enjoyed Steely Dan but wasn't aware of where the music came from. For some reason my son always disliked Steely Dan (seems they were a punch line to many in his generation) but he said recently that he's starting to appreciate it more.
  3. WLVCA

Tell us about your worst audio equipment disaster ever

Thanks for the reminder!! ;)
  4. WLVCA

Tell us about your worst audio equipment disaster ever

My audio disaster was self-inflicted. I had a nice stereo system I moved several times over the years early in my career. A I recall it was a Pioneer SA9100 integrated amp and matching tuner, a Thorens TD 165 turntable and a pair of John Dahlquist designed Rectilinear III Highboy speakers...
  5. WLVCA

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

How do you have inside knowledge about how Apos operates? Do you have a relationship of some sort with Apos? You speak with so much certainty of their processes....or are you just speculating?
  6. WLVCA

Based on my experience with Apos I decided not to buy from them. The way they conduct business was not acceptable to me. Very difficult to get a straight answer from them. Slow to respond and then strange answers that didn't address the question asked. Good news for me was that this happened...
  7. WLVCA

One question I am very curious about audiophiles.

Countless albums with one headphone if I had to make the choice. But with Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, etc. one gets a massive selection of music for a low price leaving more money for headphones so you can have it both ways. ;)
  8. WLVCA

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I own Hifiman Anada headphones and have tried various EQ settings with them. To my ears the settings show in post 92 of this thread by Maiky76 produced the best results. No meaurement gear here so I'll note my opinion is subjective.
  9. WLVCA

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Here's a review that compares the Aeon 2 Closed with the Noire for reference.
  10. WLVCA

Today was the first time I've listened to them back to back and haven't finalized judgement. The Aeon 2 RT is not being totally outclassed by the Noire but I do prefer the Noire so far. I wil say that I expected to hear a bigger difference given that the drivers aren't the same. To my ears...
  11. WLVCA

It was referenced in post number 2 in this thread. If that was speculation then my error.
  12. WLVCA

I presumed Apos Audio was a retail storefront dealer based in Oakland, CA - that is how they present themselves on the Apos web site. Didn't realize it was a front for Shenzhen Audio until I saw this thread this morning. Not that buying from Shenzen was a problem for me as I bought an SMSL SU-8...
  13. WLVCA

Glad to see the Aeon Flow RT's performed so well - I own them and enjoy listening to them. Have a pair of the new Aeon Flow 2 Noire on order. Should have them next week. Hope they measure and perform as well.
  14. WLVCA

HEDD HEDDPhone Review (headphone)

Glad that I saw this review as I was intrigued by the unusual design concept of the headphones and considered buying them. Sometimes new and different aren't better it appears.
  15. WLVCA

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

I purchased HD 800 S headphones (used) two weeks ago. Have thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the soundstage. This review was quite timely in my case and Amir's suggested EQ settings are quite good in my opinion. Thanks, Amir.
Top Bottom